Notifications
Clear all

Nothing works for my acne prone skin

MemberMember
(@kmwebster0gmail-com)

Posted : 05/01/2020 1:49 am

I've been struggling with acne for 9 years now, since I was about 11. Since then my skin has slowly worsened-- i suffer from lots of skin coloured or red bumps under the skin which occasionally surface into spots. It usually gets worse when I'm stressed and tends to spread around my face. So far the only thing that works to clear it is anti biotics. I've gone through clear patches where my skin has been completely blemish free, only for it all to come back again. So far, I've tried using benzoyl peroxide (both with the antibiotic in and without) antibiotics, Paulas Choice 10% AHA, Paulas choice BHA, differin/adapalene (and when that stopped working Paula's choice 10% retinoid treatment) andhyaluronic acid all for years now with varying results. I use the acids on alternating days. Interestingly my skin has never reacted to any of these acids or creams in the proper way--i never experienced any dryness or purging with them at all. It seems the products aren't working anymore, and have never kept my skin consistently clear. My acne would probably be considered mild to moderate. There aren't many options left now--ive tried everything that the doctor can prescribe. Any ideas??

MemberMember
(@bryan-trejos)

Posted : 05/03/2020 10:03 am

Acuttane...