Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catharsis2018

Sculptra: frequency in research

So I decided to do some research on sculptra and I realized most of the research studies have the subjects come in for monthly injections for 6-8 months. I’ve only had two sculptra injections.. being done immediately after my subcision. My subcision sessions have been spaced out by a few months as well

Just wondering if anyone here has ever been put on a monthly sculptra protocol or can provide some insight 

I consulted with a few injectors and the typical protocol is 1 vial every 4-6 weeks. If your doing Subs as well, I would say find someone that does it in combination like Wiener or Rullan or wait 2-4 weeks depend on how you swell and heal. Right now I am doing sculptra every 4 weeks 1 - 0.5 vials I did 3 subcisions before last year. I think people tend to overthink protocols and I don't think there's a "best" method or timeline for anyone as long as your giving your self adequette time between each treatment.

I'm being placed on the same 6 week timeline. Though, I remember beautifulambition saying once that doctors who recommend doing fillers frequently are only doing it to line their pockets.

@beautifulambition could you comment on this? Thank you.