Notifications
Clear all

dry, dehydrated acne skin

MemberMember
(@boblayer12546)

Posted : 01/06/2020 7:34 am

Hi,

My acne has come back in the six weeks and it is becoming increasingly severe. I think the main reason is because I have over-exfoliated and now I've damaged my skin barrier. My skin has sooo many fine lines and feels dry, causing it to breakout. However, no moisturisers or anything are rehydrating my skin and there has been no improvement, often when I focus on hydration, I have to discontinue acne topical treatments which breaks me out and some hydrating products break me out. Can anyone suggest something they think might help???? I am really struggling mentally with acne and I really am losing hope, I am generally an upbeat person and fun to be around but I haven't felt happy in over 6 weeks now and my mental health is starting to worry me more than the acne itself. Any tips especially from personal experience would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you :) 

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 01/07/2020 1:53 am

Try facetheory supergel m3. It is hydrating and it will not clog pores. Also add any serum with hyaluronic acid before the moisturiser on sightly damp skin (it is important since the ha will retain more water in your skin). Look for the ordinary for example. You cannot go wrong with these to. Also be careful with your cleanser. No sulfates or it will irritate your skin. Cerave has a nice hydrating one. Let your skin breathe from acids for a couple days and see how it reacts then you can slowly reintroduce them.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 01/13/2020 5:42 pm

I'd tend to agree with mrbakery here.

Wash your face with water at night and apply a moisturiser (water can also dry the skin).

If you don't feel too oily or greasy in the morning I wouldnt even touch your face with anything, including water.

Washing your face once a day will allow a bit of time to bring back some balance.

MemberMember
(@boblayer12546)

Posted : 01/17/2020 5:56 pm

On 1/13/2020 at 10:42 PM, jPablo said:

I'd tend to agree with mrbakery here.

Wash your face with water at night and apply a moisturiser (water can also dry the skin).

If you don't feel too oily or greasy in the morning I wouldnt even touch your face with anything, including water.

Washing your face once a day will allow a bit of time to bring back some balance.

On 1/7/2020 at 6:53 AM, Nouchka98 said:

Try facetheory supergel m3. It is hydrating and it will not clog pores. Also add any serum with hyaluronic acid before the moisturiser on sightly damp skin (it is important since the ha will retain more water in your skin). Look for the ordinary for example. You cannot go wrong with these to. Also be careful with your cleanser. No sulfates or it will irritate your skin. Cerave has a nice hydrating one. Let your skin breathe from acids for a couple days and see how it reacts then you can slowly reintroduce them.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:22 AM, MrBakery said:

sounds like you need to let your skin heal butyou could try the caveman regimen for 1-2 weeks. its basically where you do nothing to your skin, no products and let your skin rebalance (washing with only water is ok).

lots of people including me have found after about a week your skin resets and starts producing the correct amount of oil/sebum for your skin.

the caveman regimen is also a good way of breaking the downwardcycle of product use ( its very easy to get to the point where your using lots of products but nothing is working).

google it.

thank you so much! I really appreciate the help