Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar Treatment: Thoughts on sequencing

MemberMember
(@luckyace)

Posted : 12/05/2019 6:21 pm

Hi, I've completed my accutane course 3 months ago and I'm ready to do acne scar treatment now. 

I plan to consult doctors but they are time consuming and can be expensive (I'm from Toronto) and I would appreciate the non-biased and informed opinion of the community here. I've read the official acne FAQ and have done some further digging but I still have many things to learn. I see rolling, box and ice pick scars. There's some white spots on the right check but I guess those are whiteheads? I will start using a chemical exfoliate once a week for that.

So could the community comment about the treatment path i should take / have planned?

1. Subcision. Repeat if needed. (I believe fillers are needed to make this permanent)

2. wait 1-2 weeks then filler (I believe this 1 time filler should create a permanent effect and I would not need to redo the fillers in the future.)

3. wait a month then RF Microneedling (Or should i do TA cross first?). Repeat this once a month for 6 months. 

4. Chemical peels for surface remodeling.

5. BE FREE OF MAJOR SCARRING and LIVE LIFE.

Pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 12/05/2019 6:30 pm

I see rolling scars, boxcars, and icepicks. Subcision should be your first line of treatment IMO to address the rolling scars. You can get fillers as spacers as part of the subcision, or do chinese suction cups to save money on the fillers.

I would do TCA to raise the boxcars and icepicks before Infini. Or you can alternate Infini in between the other treatments.

I suggest PMing beautifulambition for a more detailed plan.

LuckyAce liked
MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 12/05/2019 6:59 pm

I would alternate subcision-filler month withTCA/phenol cross month to address depth issues. Not sure what type of filler you should get, your scars seem widespread but hard to tell if you lost volume in your cheeks? then go for sculptra if not go for HA. Always look for the best injector in your area.Then do energy devices.

LuckyAce liked
MemberMember
(@luckyace)

Posted : 12/05/2019 8:24 pm

i was quoted 1500 for 1 session. Isn't that a lot... I've heard people get 200 per session.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 12/11/2019 11:29 pm

What does the $1500 include? That is acommon range Ive seen for subcision & filler combo. I havent seen anything for $200 but Im not sure what youre referring to. Unfortunately these treatments are costly and thats why people on here emphasis doing it in a certain order to maximize results/spend less money in the long run. I really recommend PMing beautifulambition on here and ask for a treatment plan as they only respond to PMs now and their info is very useful. HA filler for individual pits is useful even if its temporary butrealistically its take more than one syringe for all of the spots you want.Sculptra is a differentstory andI believe it takes more than one as well but Im not sure. It all depends on the level of improvement you want & what youre comfortable spending. Ive seen considerable improvement on spots Ive done subcision+HA filler combo on personally and think its worth it and would recommend starting off with those two. Bementally prepared that it *may* (everyones different)take more treatment & money than you originally thought butthere will still be improvement.

Its also recommended on here to not do back to back treatments monthly because microswelling lasts 1-2 months and wont allow you to see the true progress/whats working for your skin. Again I recommend PMing BA because Im not an expert but I believe the protocol is to do subcision and then get filler a month after (cant remember if its okay to do filler same day or not so again you should ask), and then RF microneedling 3 months after that.

LuckyAce liked
MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 12/30/2019 8:49 am

Starting with subcision is wise. What you want to see is the hard edge removed from your boxscar scars. Do as many sessions as you can until little or no results is seen. Then go on to both TCA cross for the smaller deeper scars and infini rf for an overall "lift". Chemical peels...nah. If you want a surface remodelling, any energy device work better.

LuckyAce liked
MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 12/30/2019 1:13 pm

On 12/5/2019 at 5:24 PM, LuckyAce said:

i was quoted 1500 for 1 session. Isn't that a lot... I've heard people get 200 per session.

A few months ago I paid $2000 for subcision + 1 vial of Sculptra with Rullan. I don't think I've heard of a sub treatment for $200...

As far as sequencing, your plan looks fine except you'd probably want to wait 3 month (after sub) then do Infini. As per BA, this will give time to heal appropriately. CROSS/peels in between the sub and RF treatments.

LuckyAce liked
MemberMember
(@luckyace)

Posted : 01/08/2020 12:47 pm

Final results and conclusion: Do not do chemical peels / TCA cross with this doctor. It was applied like streaks across my face instead ofinside the actual ice-pick scars. Poor application due to probably too big droplets leaking. Subcision + filler is ok.

1 hour ago, superburrito said:

@LuckyAcewhich doctor, so that we know who to avoid for TCA cross?

Dr. ron Lemckert.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/08/2020 1:58 pm

@LuckyAcewhich doctor, so that we know who to avoid for TCA cross?

LuckyAce liked