Notifications
Clear all

Rough, bumpy and sandy texture especially on forehead and thousands of very tiny bumps all over my face

MemberMember
(@chinmaywalimbe26)

Posted : 11/19/2019 6:57 am

Hello everyone. I'm currently 19 years old and have had almost flawless skin till i was 17. I have always had dry skin and scalp with dandruff.

Around two years ago tiny bumps started appearing on my forehead out of nowhere and i first ignored them but ever since then their number constantly keeps increasing. And now i have extremely rough, bumpy and weird looking skin on my whole face especially on my forehead. I just don't know what this is, some people say its skin congestion, some say its clogged pores some say it's fungal acne etc. 

I can only think of one reason for why this happened and that is because i damaged my skin horribly. Around the same time this problem started to occur i had started a bad habit of bathing for 1-2 hours daily using hot water and i used to wash my face with harsh body soaps for some dumb reason. And after all that i didn't moisturize at all, Which made my dry skin even more extremely dry and sensitive. I realized how dumb i was in doing that and stopped this habit around 1 month ago. Now i use a mild baby face wash to cleanse my face and a cream suggested by one of my relatives, who's a general physician, called Ceratop cream. 

The worst part is that my skin still keeps getting worse and worse each and every day, i can notice more and more bumps getting formed and i literally just don't understand why. Can anyone please tell me what i can do to stop this sh*t and bring my skin back to normal. i'm extremely desperate and stressed.

IMG_20191119_162355.jpg.76d2bd42a2bc6afc3ef5f40adf477beb.jpgIMG_20191112_195717.jpg.d284f9e4c3a423ebb3becef281efbb3b.jpgIMG_20191112_195710.jpg.93fa220d50e50b2c58ab60a01ea6397b.jpg

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 11/24/2019 4:50 pm

those bumps are mostly likely keratin plugs, caused as you mention by too harsh skin treatment.

Use products that dissolve keratin:

- gel with 2% - 6% salicylic acid

- lotion with at least 10% urea (urea also hydrates your skin)

and / or use tretinoin cream, this pushes the plugs to the surface (warning: this initially makes the problem looks worse)

look up keratosis pilaris for more info (this skin conditionis basically the same problem you have)