Notifications
Clear all

do i look ugly ???? pox ,acne and AMVC scars

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 11/02/2019 3:13 am

Hello i already know there are people here who have more serious scarring than mine...my scarring is not bad as some people here but i neeed advice

i have scars from chicken pox(on nose)AMVC scars and acne scars on my cheeks

1.do i look ugly ????

2.are my scars bad ????

left side in indexed good lighting

Screenshot_20191102-133421.jpg.48f081dcb2d1fa818233c189aa1f1c8f.jpg

Screenshot_20191102-133707.jpg.bea3633506e8d164f920e16a2811ead9.jpg

my face in best possible light...still scars visible when u look closely with a mirror

Screenshot_20191102-133307.jpg.89288c5b87ee13829ad28d3e6381114e.jpg

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 11/02/2019 5:34 am

what do u mean by "not so bad" ? you have some chickenpox scars like every other person. how can u stress about something like this?

dazzed and Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 11/02/2019 6:38 am

1 hour ago, acnescars2000 said:

what do u mean by "not so bad" ? you have some chickenpox scars like every other person. how can u stress about something like this?

in addition to chicken pox scars i also have AMVC scars(linear scars on side of my cheek can be seen in above pic)

and i am also not that much good looking guy so it make me look more bad...

its not neccesary only acne scars looks bad...if u are surrounded by peoples withsmooth skin and u have pox scars and AMVC scars than u will feel bad

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 11/02/2019 6:45 am

Please don't post stuff like this here. I feel like a lot of people with minor to no scarring come here to see the rest of us who have it worse and be consoled I guess. If that is you, please do it silently. Don't come here to fish for compliments, this is not what the forum is about AT ALL. You have AmIUgly Reddit threads for that. This is where we discuss scar treatments.

asd90090, jaderogers4, dazzed and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 11/02/2019 6:52 am

5 minutes ago, freshman said:

Please don't post stuff like this here. I feel like a lot of people with minor to no scarring come here to see the rest of us who have it worse and be consoled I guess. If that is you, please do it silently. Don't come here to fish for compliments, this is not what the forum is about AT ALL. You have AmIUgly Reddit threads for that. This is where we discuss scar treatments.

you guys with acne scar think that only scars caused by acne are bad and no other scars look bad...

its like a fatty liver from junk foods is bad for u but same fatty liver from alcohol is good

do u even know what AMVC scar ????? its worst than acne scar...coz it appears scars at any placr without sny lesion or injury....all these things summing up from AMVC to chicken pox to my skin moles ...it make me feel sad and i always say ...yes most of the people here have worst scarring than mine

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 11/02/2019 7:03 am

If your one scar that I can see on the picture you posted makes you sad, that's fine, but this is not the place to discuss that. This is about scar treatments. So unless you want to ask about scar treatments, there's no reason to post here.

hlp334 liked
MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 11/02/2019 7:10 am

1 minute ago, freshman said:

If your one scar that I can see on the picture you posted makes you sad, that's fine, but this is not the place to discuss that. This is about scar treatments. So unless you want to ask about scar treatments, there's no reason to post here.

i have more chicken pox scars on my nose but on other side

look on side of my face there are some linear scars 3 or 4 ..they are AMVC scars..and i also have 4 black colored skin moles...nobody counts these..people here just counts if a scarring is caused by acne...doesnt matter how it looks ...people here just care about scars from acne ..i have seen people with scars even minor than me getting help and sympathy just because their scar was caused by acne and not by other disease

anyways i just want to get an idea if it makes me look ugly or i look ugly because someone said"scars cant destroy a good looking face" if u are good looking acne scars cant change that....

and i didnt posted this for fishing if i would have wanted to hear compliments i have posted this in 2016 ..as i am on this forum from 2016

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 11/02/2019 7:16 am

If it seems that people care more about acne scars here, it's probably because the name of this whole website is, repeat after me, ACNE.ORG. The part of the forum where you decided to post deals with scar treatments. It is NOT a place where you come to raise your self esteem or get reassured about your physical appearance.

Kay24, dazzed and hlp334 liked
MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 11/02/2019 3:06 pm

8 hours ago, freshman said:

Ive been feeling like thats all Ive seen on here recently. Not to dismiss peoples concerns but its getting a little ridiculous.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 11/02/2019 5:25 pm

2 hours ago, shei514 said:

Ive been feeling like thats all Ive seen on here recently. Not to dismiss peoples concerns but its getting a little ridiculous.

i knew it...i will get bashed by people here...ok ok its ok....i dont have scars from acne ..i have BDD or whatever u guys say...i always replied in a great way when i see even minor scars posts...to boost their self confidence...i dont even need that just help me deleting this thread..

how to delete this thread ????

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 11/03/2019 2:05 am

You literally have almost no issues with your skin.I think you need to move on with your life if you've posted since 2016. In my experience, the people who post usually know it's not bad, but they want validation. People are not being receptive because you do NOT have any major skin issues.

If you say you are feeling bad, then how should everyone else with more advanced cases of scarring feel? Your post only triggers people.

To everyone else here who have generously shared their pictures of severe scarring and their treatments, this is frustrating. Those threads really help members, while this adds nothing to the forum.

I suggest you look into some professional help to sort out your issues, which are classic Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Move on with your life and stop obsessing about the one chicken pox scar.

My opinion is that people telling you to move on IS helpful. This forum is not equipped to deal with body image issues.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@boafriend)

Posted : 01/23/2020 12:10 am

People responding here are missing his bigger cry for help. I've suffered from what seems to be AMVC for 7 years now and it has completely destroyed my facial skin texture. Anish004probably has started having spontaneous scarring and is very sad and feeling unattractive. I've been there when I first had the scarring happen and still have had some very low moments so many years later.

It's not about having "just a few scars" and "other people have it worse." Those of you bashing him need to realize he has to deal with random scarring that can appear out of nowhere, and there's no solution to it.

Those of you who just have scarring and don't have unexplainable random scarring at least have a light at the end of the tunnel. You can do cosmetic work to better the appearance of your scars, but for those with AMVC, we'll always be playing catch up. We can laser the crap out of our faces and see great improvement, butone day out of nowhere, a pit or linear scar will form.

@Anish004- Sorry you are going through this. Feel free to PM me.

MemberMember
(@uruguay)

Posted : 01/23/2020 11:07 pm

22 hours ago, boafriend said:

Las personas que responden aqui estan perdiendo su mayor clamor por ayuda. He sufrido de lo que parece ser AMVC durante 7 anos y ha destruido completamente la textura de mi piel facial.

Sorry, but what is AMVC?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 01/25/2020 12:17 pm

You have 2 microscopic scars and flawless skin. bye

dazzed and bluetansy liked
MemberMember
(@rockyracoon)

Posted : 01/27/2020 11:11 am

Hey,

I dont mean to sound harsh but your problem is not your scars but body dysmorphia. Ive been there so I know how you feel, I had 3 microscopic ice pick scars that could barely be seen and let them rule my life. It was not until I had severe acne which gave me legit scarring that I realisedI was out of touch with reality. Ironically I am much more confident now than I was with better skin, so it goes to show how much more psychological these things can be. Of course these things are frustrating but youre taking this to a whole other level.

You have normal looking skin just like the vast majority of the population.There are ton of celebrities with scars like yours withotherwise good skin. JLo, Brad Pitt, Leonardo diCaprio, Kaya Scodelario... amongst so many others. You are aiming for an unattainable concept of perfection and will only be disappointed.

Focus on building your self esteem which clearly isnt at its best, live your life, be happy. Your scars are not noticeable at all, its the internal scars you should be looking at.

I dont mean to disregard your emotions, they are valid. I just think you might be looking at your scars as a scapegoat to something internal. You are young, youll see this with time.Wish you the best xx

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 01/27/2020 4:27 pm

While I think it's great to be supportive, I don't think encouraging a distorted view of reality is actually helpful in the end. From the pics, he literally has what most people would find as flawless skin. Telling him to seek professional help IS actually the compassionate thing to do instead of feeding into his dysphoria.