Notifications
Clear all

Which acne scar treatment will work?

MemberMember
(@jayscar)

Posted : 08/09/2019 11:01 am

Hi all

Suffered from acne since i was 12, now 34 I'm left with the scars and pigmentation, uneven skin tone, the dark redness ( seems to get worse at night)

This year I decided to do Something about the scars

Here's what I've done 

5x picosure focus laser sessions 

2x dermapen microneedling

4x laser genesis full face 

1x infini RF microneedling ( was left with grids marks on my face for around a month after)

Probably spent over $3000

And to be honest I can't see any difference in my scars, I also think I have suffered fat lose in the cheeks after these treatments.

What treatment would you recommend ? Ive tried to avoid CO2 laser but maybe it's my only hope ?

Thank you

P_20190809_233954_vHDR_On_HP_1.jpg

P_20190809_234022_vHDR_On_HP_1.jpg

P_20190809_234048_vHDR_On_HP_1.jpg

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 08/09/2019 5:21 pm

Those 2 large shaded divots on either cheek, are begging for Subcision. Laser will do nothing to lift those. Get filler too, so the adhesions dont re-attach.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/09/2019 5:39 pm

Your scarring is actually not that bad, it's mainly textural. Oftentimes what magnifies the scarring is that the cheeks lack volume. You want todo subcision and filler, or just straight up filler to the hollows on your cheeks. That will cause the cheeks to be convex, or project outward, and reduce the shadowing.

Textural scarring is tricky since they're shallow, and difficult to fill although it could be done with someone talented. I'm going to differ to @beautifulambitionabout what could be done. But it seems like you do not respond to energy devices.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/09/2019 5:39 pm

@JayscarNone of the treatments you posted above are for scars with the exception of rf needling but that was done out of order in treatment. We always start with manual methods, ... you went to bad Dr(s).

Grids post rf needling some are proneto them or 3 months if they are slow healers. You have to do 4 of these treatments not 1.

It seems like you have active acne still , please get this under control or you will be spreading the bacteria, this is why they used the other lasers on you.

You need lots of subcision and filler, this is the major thing you need, not co2 lasers. Not any energy device. Work on the atrophy first.

You have large rolling scars, atrophy, some box cars, and pie or redness.

Here is some generalized advice everything is optional. Stop at any time. Note the manual methods first, ... you must start here. Dermapen and all that you can do at home between treatments, don't pay someone for that.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@jayscar)

Posted : 08/09/2019 11:21 pm

Thank you for your replies

I will seek a dr to do subcision and filler, I'm quite scared of doing infini again as the pain was 10/10 and grid marks lasting 4 weeks, I think I still have some marks caused by infini even 3 months after.