Notifications
Clear all

Scarring Type and Treatment Recommendations?

MemberMember
(@peepdapatty)

Posted : 07/08/2019 9:17 pm

Hi All, 

First post and wanted to start off by saying thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their accounts and advice. The FAQ in particular was tremendously helpful and got me re-motivated to heal my scarring.

I'm 27 now but I had pretty bad acne all throughout high school (terrible breakouts). Since then, I've had cystic acne and some out breaks here and there up until just a few years ago when I went on a mission to get accutane (the one treatment that ACTUALLY worked after trying literally dozens of other treatments). 

Unfortunately it's left a lot of scarring that I'd like to heal. Back in high school, my mom took me to get laser fraxel treatments and I went twice... I think it helped but my acne wasn't even healed by that point and I ultimately didn't finish the rest of my sessions.

Now I'm finally reaching out to dermatologists in the tri-state area (Dr. Yang, Dr. Novick, Dr. Jaber at WSD so far) and scheduling consultations. I posted a few pics below, but I wanted to ask if anyone could provide input as to what type of scarring I have and what procedures I should be expecting / pursuing. After reading the FAQ, it sounded like I would need subscision sessions with fillers, as well as TCA cross procedures done as well?

Also planning on purchasing tretinorin / retin-a / differin to apply nightly, as well as a dermaroller. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot everyone :)

IMG_4787_edited.jpg.68405bd8052f496838b11b02606d6b67.jpg

IMG_4785_edited.jpg.af028414ca724d09ec8f004570af3e2e.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/09/2019 10:34 am

@peepdapatty

Your very welcome, glad you enjoyed the FAQ I made. It's a full guide to navigate acne scars.

You have lots of box cars and icepicks. Fraxel would not fix this. Never start with laser, ... always manual methods first. A combo of sub + cross and latter rf needling co2 will help work on softening the scar borders.
** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@peepdapatty)

Posted : 07/14/2019 10:57 am

@beautifulambitionThank you so much! I'll go over the materials and keep everyone posted.