Notifications
Clear all

Week 10 on acnatac (Tretinoin and clindamycin)

MemberMember
(@ffm1010)

Posted : 07/07/2019 7:58 am

Hello..

Im on week 10 now of Tretinoin 0,025 and clindamycin 10mg (acnatac). I was in spain from 27th of june until 4th of july so i had rather intense sun contact in those days, anyway my skin was improving daily until the 4th day of the holidays... In the morning i noticed many(!) bumps only on the left side of my skin (normally my sleeping side, but in our hotel i always slept on the other side, ... so not the sleeping side) they came up 2 days later and i had about 4 or 5 spots that pretty much appeared from one day to another.. Idk why. I used much sunscreen and didnt even have any sunburns etc. I contacted my dermatologist and she told me to get back on minocycline, which i ended 2 weeks ago since my 100x package was depleted. She told me i get the acne because of hormones and that i should use acnatac and minocycline as long as the hormones need to get back in track.. Im a male btw.. What do you guys think, considering my tretinoin experience is not as i hoped it would be... My right side of the face has no spot at all only some red marks from where the spots have been but my left side of the face which is the problematic side didnt really get that much better in those 10 weeks... Tell me what you think.

For my skin routine: PM Gentle Aloe vera foam cleanser, than wait 10min to apply acnatac on the whole face, than 20min to moisturize with body shop aloe vera night cremeFor AM i dont wash my face at all, since i heard it might "overwash" my face and tbh the red spots get brighter after washing so...

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/07/2019 7:12 pm

Some people have fungal acne, not ordinary acne, and treatments for ordinary acne will not control fungal acne - treatments for make fungal acne worse, sometimes after initially appearing to control the acne.

Fungal acne is usually caused by taking antibiotics and some pother meds, although hormone inbalances can cause one type of fungal acne.

Fungal acne can be controlled by applying topical antifungal creams, using antidandruff shampoos, and keeping skin dry (no moisturisers), and using antifungal powder on unexposed skin - fungus loves moisture. These topical treatments are TOTALLY safe, unlike oral antibiotics, which are very dangerous.

Doctors know nothing about fungal acne.

Do you have one or more of the following - dandruff, a white tongue, flaking skin, toenail fungus, "thrush", itchy or painful rashes, unexplained tiredness or feelings of disorientation or headaches ? If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide information that will likely help you.