Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35 and spironolactone

MemberMember
(@vall23)

Posted : 06/13/2019 9:35 am

Hi I have started Diane 35 a week ago. And i hadstarted spiro for pcos and high testosterone (acne) and Im still waiting to see some changes in my skin

i had an initialbreak out on the spiro and now after starting Diane 35 Ive noticed Im getting more acne on my skin

I am so frustrated I had to start Diane 35 because my periods were irregular due to spiro

may I know how long did it take to see progress with Diane ?

How many months ? I dont mind waiting. But I just want the Initialto break out to happen Again!! Because Ive already experienced one on spiro

should I stop the Diane and let the spiro just take its time to work ?

the Diane is causing to have worse acne and I cant take it.

Please help!!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/13/2019 9:54 pm

The most likely reason that you are getting break outs on the Dianne is because you have fungal acne NOT ordinary acne. Birth control pills CAUSE fungal acne, as does taking antibiotics.

I suggest that you stop taking the birth control pills, and DO the following to control your (most likely fungal) acne -

Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics, birth control pills and some other meds. You can get rid of the fungal acne by doing the following -

1. Buy clotrimazole topical antifungal cream and apply it to the affected areas 2-3 times a day.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOT apply any moisturiers or organic oils to the affected areas.

If you get back to me with answers to the questions below, I can provide targeted information for your situation..

Have you taken antibiotics or other meds. If you have taken antibiotics, which ones ?

Do you have one or more of the following - white coating on your tongue, dandruff, flaking skin, toenail fungus, itchy and/or painful skin, red rash/es, unexplained tiredness, headaches, brain fog", stomach or gut problems, sinus problems.

I look forward to hearing back from you.