Notifications
Clear all

Treclinax and minocyclin

MemberMember
(@rtucv)

Posted : 06/09/2019 1:23 pm

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone hasbeen using Treclinax gel (combination ofclindamycinand tretinoin) and Minocyclin 100 mg pillsto cure hormonal acne? I have severe acne on my forehead, using these medicines for 2 weeks nowand not seeing any improvements.

Thankss

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/09/2019 10:02 pm

You probably have fungal acne, NOT ordinary acne. Antibiotics CAUSE fungal acne. Hormones can exacerbate fungal acne, as they can exacerbate ordinary acne. Doctors never diagnose fungal acne - they are "in denial" about its existence in otherwise healthy people.

People whose have acne that is not cleared by standard acne treatments or whose acne is getting worse when they use treatments for ordinary acne usually have fungal acne not ordinary acne.

Fungal acne is caused and made worse by taking antibiotics and some other meds, possibly including accutane.

If your acne is not getting better (or is getting worse) with treatments for ordinary acne (especially if it getting worse when you take antibiotics), then you are 90% likely to have fungal acne, not ordinary acne (alternatively, you could have acne symptoms caused by demodex mites or by gram negative bacteria - the latter is caused by taking the "cycline" antibiotics such as minocycline - but fungal acne is the most likely).

If you on this thread get back to me with answers to the following questions, I can provide information about how to control fungal acne -

Have you taken antibiotics (other than the antibiotics you list in your post), accutane, birth control pills or steroids ? If you have taken antibiotics, which antibiotics have you taken ? Do you have one or more of the following - dandruff, seborhheic dermatitis, itchy skin, red rashes, toenail fungus, sinus problems, gut problems, a white coating on your tongue, unexplained tiredness or headaches or "brain fog".

The treatment for fungal acne is safe and cheap - applying topical antifungal creams (which are totally safe), using anti-dandruff shampoo, and keeping the areas with acne very dry - no organic oils or moisturisers (fungus loves moisture and one type of fungus that causes fungal acne feeds on organic oils).

I am happy to hear back from you, so I can provide more targeted information for your situation.

MemberMember
(@rtucv)

Posted : 06/10/2019 3:12 am

Hey, thanks for the quick response.

I've taken differin for months and it didn't help. I've also taken minocycline sandoz 300mg pills, also didn't work at all. My dermatologist suggested to take isotretinoin, if the treclinax gel and pills are not working. I only have severe acne on my forehead, not on other body parts.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/10/2019 9:43 pm

Ttucv

You are 99% likely to have FUNGAL acne, NOT ordinary acne. Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds, possibly including tretinoin.

Fungal acne is caused by and/or made worse by treatments for ordinary acne.

Doctors know nothing about fungal acne, and they keep prescribing antibiotics which are dangerous, cause terrible problems, including serious forms of acne, and make fungal acne WORSE and WORSE (as you have found).

To treat your fungal acne do the following -

1. Buy some topical clotrimazole cream (often sold as Canesten) and apply it to the affected areas 2-3 times a day.

2. Wash your hair in an antifungal shampoo.

3. Keep the area with "acne" VERY dry - do not apply any organic oils or moisturisers to the area with "acne", as fungus loves moisture and one type of fungus that causes fungal acne feeds on organic oils.

4. Do NOT take or use antibiotics unless you have a SERIOUS (life threatening or near life threatening) BACTERIAL infection.

If you get back to me with answers to the following questions, I can provide more targeted information to control the particular type of fungal acne that you have.

Do you have one or more of the following - dandruff, seborhheic dermatitis, a whit tongue, red rash, toenail fungus, sinus problems, unexplained tiredness or headaches, "brain fog", or gut problems ?

I look forward to hearing back from you.