Notifications
Clear all

Can TCA Cross and Subscision be combined?

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 04/18/2019 6:10 pm

Hello, a PA that does TCA and subscision recommended that I can do them at the same time. However I plan on cupping my subsidized areas which may most likely overlap with the areas I will get TCA on. Will this be a problem because I may disrupt the TCA scar tissue and mess with healing? Should I just stick to Subscision + cupping and do TCA at a later date? She also says not to cup, but it is up to me for what I do at home.

Also, what concentration of TCA should I start with for tan Asian skin that hyper pigments easily. Is it okay to jump to 100? I wear sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 04/18/2019 8:49 pm

With Dr Rullan, I have done at the same time, and havent had an issue. Note that Rullan uses Phenol instead of TCA for CROSS.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/19/2019 12:58 pm

@joeyskThe key is not doing them together here, it's that you want to do cupping. You cannot cup the icepick scars, what some people call a scab afterwards, You must wait for that to heal to do cupping, or you rotate the areas that are treated with cross, and cup the areas that cross was not done on.

I cannot tell you what percentage of acid to use as a Asian, that is up to the Dr to see how you skin responds (test spot a area first before doing all of them if needed), There is a skill here and 100% is not always needed, your skin tells us what you can handle when treating. Hopefully you saw someone who is familiar with your skin type and treats cases like this often. It's all about the Dr's skill. I will tell you wish Asian skin you will hyperpigpigment with any treatment done, ... expect this. They can treat that as they do treatment. This has to do with the melanin in your skin type.

Hopefully you have prepped several weeks before, and then after you heal start again nightly.

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application (one or two days a week) if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural options are better with ingredients like: kojic acid/Konjac, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for large pores, discoloration, and inflammation. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin (QV Skincare in AUS), Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, La Roche-Posay (sensitive), and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. The Three most important things one can use are: Vitamin A skin turnover (retinol, retinaldehyde, retinoid), Vitamin C Serum which makes collagen, and a sunscreen (zinc oxide physical for sensitive skin - DRMTLGY Active Sunscreen, Elta MD Physical).

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 04/23/2019 12:22 am

On 4/19/2019 at 12:58 PM, beautifulambition said:

@joeyskThe key is not doing them together here, it's that you want to do cupping. You cannot cup the icepick scars, what some people call a scab afterwards, You must wait for that to heal to do cupping, or you rotate the areas that are treated with cross, and cup the areas that cross was not done on.

I cannot tell you what percentage of acid to use as a Asian, that is up to the Dr to see how you skin responds (test spot a area first before doing all of them if needed), There is a skill here and 100% is not always needed, your skin tells us what you can handle when treating. Hopefully you saw someone who is familiar with your skin type and treats cases like this often. It's all about the Dr's skill. I will tell you wish Asian skin you will hyperpigpigment with any treatment done, ... expect this. They can treat that as they do treatment. This has to do with the melanin in your skin type.

Hopefully you have prepped several weeks before, and then after you heal start again nightly.

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application (one or two days a week) if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural options are better with ingredients like: kojic acid/Konjac, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for large pores, discoloration, and inflammation. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin (QV Skincare in AUS), Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, La Roche-Posay (sensitive), and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. The Three most important things one can use are: Vitamin A skin turnover (retinol, retinaldehyde, retinoid), Vitamin C Serum which makes collagen, and a sunscreen (zinc oxide physical for sensitive skin - DRMTLGY Active Sunscreen, Elta MD Physical).

Thanks for the reply. I will just stick to sub. + cupping then and leave TCA cross Later. The only thing that worries me about this doctor is that she is not going to be aggressive enough. My initial consultation she said she would only have to do a few spots of subscison with nokor. I have deep scars all around my temple, cheeks and some on the front of my face.I live in a small town Arkansas and I have to go out of town 2-3 hours If I want to consult with other doctors. As far as Retin-Aproducts, I never want to use any of them they break me out bad even after been on accutane.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/23/2019 9:13 am

@joeyskSounds good. She might not be. Inexperienced Drs are clueless, but you can try it once. You can tell her to be aggressive. You may need to drive those few hrs to find someone else. You only have to do it once to a few times a year. I have some that can only afford once a year to travel. Ask the Dr how many times have you done subcision, and how many times this month, ... this will give you a idea, if your ethnic ask if she treats your skin type often. General derms can try these things but they can be skill dependent. But start local and see of you wish.

Temples she is scared to treat, more dangerousarea with nokor, as such you need to find someone who does"cannula" subcision. Call and ask the local dermatology college if they have someone that can do this specifically by name. OR call some plastic surgeons.

Ok no retin-a is fine, ... how about some glycolic peels in between Dr's sessions and possibly move onto tca peels. Dermastamping also or derminator monthly between your 3 month or more Dr's sessions.