Notifications
Clear all

Help! Need scar treatment advice (aka, I f*cked up my face)

MemberMember
(@vanboom)

Posted : 03/24/2019 11:18 pm

Hi everyone, 

I know the expert users around here are extremely busy, so I'll cut right to the chase.

I'm 33, and am now grappling with my first REAL acne scars. They began taking shape ~7 months ago. As you can see in my photos, there's some PIE thrown into the mix but it's the skin texture/depression aftereffects that's really getting me down. 

Here's my questions:

1) What scar treatments would be best (and in what order), and what degree of improvement can I realistically expect?

2) Apart from examining a doctor's training, reviews, and before/after photos, is there something else in particular I should look for RE: each of the recommended treatments?

3) Is there anything I can do on my end to support my body's ability to heal from these procedures (i.e., nutrition, topical treatments other than sunscreen and any healing lotions I may be given, etc.)?

Thank you in advance for your time!

VB

(P.S. My acne has been completely under control for a few months now, so I'm past that issue.)

acne scar 1.JPG

acne scar 2.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/25/2019 8:46 am

@vanBOOMHi there,

You say 7 months ago, so these are recent (early scarring)? Have you tried something like Ematrix - also called sublative rf on them? Early scars are mainly known for their PIE or redness as the body is regenerating.

The one that looks more severe is the linear scar mid cheek. This needs subcision and some filler multiple times.

[Content removed]

vanBOOM liked
MemberMember
(@vanboom)

Posted : 03/25/2019 4:01 pm

Hi @beautifulambition!

Thank you so much for your thorough and speedy response. I must apologize: I got so excited when I found this forum last night that I didn't notice the FAQ section until I was reading on my phone, in bed, while trying to sleep last night. I thought I'd have time to rush back and perhaps edit my questions to be more substantive before someone like you saw them. But alas, you beat me to the punch by a mere 12 minutes, and then it was time to go to work. :) 

Anyway: I have now fully digested your recommendations (and the information from the FAQs). 

I'm excited to get started on this journey, and may document my progress as I go along (because: why the hell not?).