Notifications
Clear all

Is subcision the single best treatment on the path to better scars?

MemberMember
(@cowboy72)

Posted : 03/25/2019 4:33 pm

^

MemberMember
(@aussiedingdong)

Posted : 03/25/2019 7:23 pm

I just had Subcision and Fractional on my rolling scars on both cheeks (the only type of scars I have) about 19 days ago. I would say about 90%+ improvement, they have not come back even after the swelling had subsided. I still have some bruisingwhere the needle went in but not where the scar areas were untethered.I had around 3 microneedling sessions with dermapen 5-6 years ago, and they had very little improvement; so I'd definitely go for subcision + another type of treatment . My CO2 swelling lasted for at least 10 days though, so maybe go for something a bit lighter on the downtime if you don't have the time off work.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/26/2019 8:02 am

@Cowboy72This question is sort of nebulous, meaning. to quote famous Dr Lim."Manual methods work and are best done first.I ALWAYS give a diagnosis with an examination before providing a solution. Please do not ask me to recommend a single solution to solve your scars, as a diagnosis is needed prior to advice. Everyone's scars are different and need different treatment,"

Subcision on the wrong scar types, patient backgrounds, or situationswill only make the scars worse. There is no standardized treatment here.

Subcision is a tool and there are many to get to the same goal of acne scar treatment.

Why do we recommend subcision then in"Some" scar types. Because at least some of their scars require it as part of treatment.

I am not going to have you subcise in some boxcars, icepicks, linear scars, comodones, tunneled scars, surgical scars, keloid scars, hypertophic scars, etc. etc. Even some rolling scars it's not appropriate.