Notifications
Clear all

Subcision and filler with Dr Rullan

MemberMember
(@wecanmakeitbetter)

Posted : 02/22/2019 5:29 pm

Does anyone know Dr Rullan's reputation with filler? I am considering calling and scheduling an appointment for subcision for my rolling scars and filler for volume loss. I am not sure if I should get the filler (I think I need either radiesse or sculptra) at the same time I get the subcision, or wait until the swelling has gone down from the subcision.

Also, I don't want to lose the natural shape of my face. The natural shape of my face is somewhat defined (think of a mix between frank ocean and a younger johnny depp), but the rolling scars and volume loss have only affected the upper portion of my face. If I do decide to get subcision and filler from this derm, can I trust that I will get the natural shape of my face back? I don't know how I feel about getting the lost volume back if it means my face just becomes round and loses original shape.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 02/22/2019 7:31 pm

I'm actually in San Diego recovering from microneedling with Dr Rullan. Although I have not yet had fillers with him, he's a great doc, and cares about your goals.

From my understanding, fillers for acne scarring require multiple treatments with gradual changes over a period of time, so there isn't going to be a crazy dramatic change to your face shape, if any at all.YourFrank Ocean + Johnny Depp shape will be preserved regardless of what Dr Rullan does.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/23/2019 10:35 am

@WeCanMakeItBetterWhile I think Rullan is a top 1% acne scar Dr who should be visited if you can for treatment... I don't think he is the best in the world at filler, you can't be a master at everything... and that really is not his goal to begin with. He can do easy things like over dilute sculptra throughout the cheeks. But, we also have mixed reports that some did not like his filling (right after sub because they had no time to wait). I always say it's best to do filler once the swelling has gone down from subcision, for some this is a week, others it can be 3 weeks. You want it placed when the scars can best be seen afterwards. As such anyone who is a expert injector(they are everywhere), can do filler locally to your location. Nurses are often great at this in cosmetic clinics as this is what they do all day.

For Sculptra(long lasting) if it's over dilute lots of saline, then injected throughout the cheeks it can be done right away post subcison, as we are not filling for volume but collagen stimulation. You then can do subcision without filler when you need it or 3 months or more after just subcision. You can fill the individual pits with a HA filler latter on in your 3-8 sessions of subcision. I am not a big fan of Radiesse, as we recently had someone who had a reaction. At least with Sculptra if it's deeply injected, and over dilute with saline, ... you have less of the side effects of using these products to fill individual pits. Be aware that Sculptra you will absorb the saline and then your body slowly makes collagen over time. Ha is pretty much what you see is what you get, unless there is swelling(often). Tell your injector your concerns and they will customize them for your treatment.

malia02 and Madzippy liked
MemberMember
(@madzippy)

Posted : 02/23/2019 11:11 pm

I'm fortunate to reside in San Diego, too and have frequented Dr. Rullan for a couple subsicion sessions. My scars are still visible and while I think subscision has helped, I'm still not happy with my scarring situation. I've also had a couple microneedling sessions with the PA and the results have been minimal. I know you have to wait a couple months for the collagen to build...Last time I had fillers done by Jennifer and she worked the needle as she was injecting it with Restalyne. My rolling scars look worse as my face now has uneven lumps. I'll stick to Rullan for subscision, but can anyone recommend someone in San Diego who knows how to inject fillers?

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/24/2019 10:54 am

@madzippyHow very lucky for you, ... you have Rullan there and Gold/Goldman who is a laser expert.

I would go on realself.com and put in san diego and look who is rated highly, I see several, also check out the med spa's and Dr's offices on Yelp.com, Nurses can be really good at being expert injectors as that is all they do all day in these Derms or plastics.

Microneedling you can do at home, ... buy a Derminator it's cheap. I would Do RF needling between subcsions, that is more like a laser but protects the epidermis. Space treatments out every 3 months, and you can rotate them. Get the filler when the swelling goes down with who you pick.

Madzippy liked