Notifications
Clear all

Dr. Griffin in Atlanta

MemberMember
(@mamm2)

Posted : 02/22/2019 7:47 am

Anybody have personal experience with seeing Dr. Griffinwith Dermatology Associates of Atlantafor Subcision? He does owe the website, but I really cant find any info on Realselfnor on this site.

I have 4 very shalllow boxcars scars on my cheekand two above my lip. I would love to get them addressed.

I have done 4 microneesling with no PRPand they have improved tremendously. I plan on doing another treatment with PRP.

Thank you

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/22/2019 12:16 pm

@Mamm2I just added a bunch of general derms to that list who do subcision as a courtesy took me hrs and hrs ;-). Griffin seemed ok, check out the link, 2nd paragraph says subcision. No one would have experience as of yet with him as he is a recent addition that was given to me, ... check out yelp. Call the office and ask for before and afters. The idea of adding general derms to the list is subcision is very very hard to find. Even if you like another Dr for your laser needs, he does subcision so it's a start if he is willing to do this procedure...Many Dr's start with laser. Call his office and see if he will do subcision on you and I would just arrange a consult to see if you even like him. I always advise seeing 3 drs and picking one. Plastics are good as well. Not all great Drs are on real self. That is a self promotion platform as you know. Some Dr's don't even use social media. I give you questions to ask them above that recommendations list to check them out (in your consult, even if you have to pay for it).

This is a hard area to treat, above the lip. Botox might be necessary, ask about this. I have not seen your picture to give you advice but box cars, ... if they are tiny paint on tca can be done to them (3 coats), subcision, rf needling, and or optional co2 laser to the border of the scars to soften them. Acid peels or laser resurfacing is done if needed at the end. The whole process can take a bit of time I suggest 3 months between treatments, Dr's will tell you a month and this is NOT how we heal, but quicker money for them. You can derminator the scars at home especially the single needle attachement to the scar borders between your Dr's treatments monthly. Everything is optional. Stop when you want.

MemberMember
(@mamm2)

Posted : 02/23/2019 9:21 am

Thank you so much for your response. I am not good with technology. I cannotbfind the listof physicians in the FAQ...I see tthe man og questions and answers but not a list or spreadsheet?

I included oictures. They look worse in person not sure why I could not capture the severity but I do have an old phone. I have 5 orrboxcars on cheeks and two above lip., Thank you!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/23/2019 9:51 am

On 2/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, Mamm2 said:

Anybody have personal experience with seeing Dr. Griffinwith Dermatology Associates of Atlantafor Subcision? He does owe the website, but I really cant find any info on Realselfnor on this site.

I have 4 very shalllow boxcars scars on my cheekand two above my lip. I would love to get them addressed.

I have done 4 microneesling with no PRPand they have improved tremendously. I plan on doing another treatment with PRP.

Thank you

I did subcision with Dr. Griffin. He was great. Think you need more than just subcision, Possibly TCA and a filler.

MemberMember
(@mamm2)

Posted : 02/23/2019 10:25 am

Thank you Binga! Did you dothe TCA and fillerwith Dr. Griffin? How many subcisuonsdid you have done ? I just started my reading, but I imagined it would be one visit and he could do all 4-5 boxcars and thenhealing time?

How long did it taketo heal? Sorry for all of the questions. This forum is great for reading, but also overwhelming! LOL

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/23/2019 5:22 pm

6 hours ago, Mamm2 said:

Thank you Binga! Did you dothe TCA and fillerwith Dr. Griffin? How many subcisuonsdid you have done ? I just started my reading, but I imagined it would be one visit and he could do all 4-5 boxcars and thenhealing time?

How long did it taketo heal? Sorry for all of the questions. This forum is great for reading, but also overwhelming! LOL

No i did fat grafting with 1 subcision and Infini later. Took around a week to heal. Don't think he does TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/24/2019 10:32 am

@Mamm2Hi there thank you for providing the pictures, that helps.

For the list of Dr's goto the top of this post(scroll up) click scar treatments, that is the main fourm for scars. At the top should be pinned the FAQ, At the bottom of that mega guide are the Dr's. The link is also in my signature below all posts, but some people cannot see it on their phones. Sounds like your all set with Griffin for everything except cross wich you can do elsewhere or find someone else.

The scars look like boxcars and icepicks, perhaps a few rolling scars.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@mamm2)

Posted : 03/04/2019 1:49 pm

Thank you so much!!! That information was very helpful!!!!