Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anonymous7527

Raised Hypertrophic Nose Acne Scars. Help me plzzz

I started having acne two years ago then I start popping the pimples, this is the result from two years ago. If only I would’ve known that this would’ve happened...   Im currently taking some cream for it bit it’s not working.  I cant afford a derma.  Can someone please tell me what I should do?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

@Anonymous7527 This is a hard case. The nose is not "normal" skin per say. It's cartilage like your ear. As such treatment is harder. At home you can always do acid peels but this will not get rid of your issue alone. 

I cannot tell if the bumps on your nose are infected or hypertrophic scarring. The cheapest way to deal with this is goto any derm and have them inject the cysts or hypertrophic scarring with steriod. They can also do electrosurgery on them with their in office machine which even general derms have. But many won't do this unless you pay out of pocket for a cosmetic derm. The cosmetic derm will do laser on your nose. 

You can get silicone scar sheets and put that on the area at night if they are not infected and hypertrophic raised scars.

Nightly you can use a cream for cell turnover and hyperpigmentation that may help "a bit."

I Think it's best to save up a bit each month, care credit, a credit cars, etc... and have a derm first inject the scars and do electrosurgery on them would be the cheapest. 

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid. Cureology(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, Yoderm for online derm scripts for all conditions(USA), or those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. If you have any sort of skin discoloration (reds or browns), try PCA gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well.  Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only ones)!