Notifications
Clear all

Erythromycin

MemberMember
(@nsbsbsnshshsj)

Posted : 01/20/2019 12:14 pm

Hi guys! First time on here even though Ive had acne for 6 years, I went to the doctor in March 2017 after hearing about duac and asked but they gave me zineryt which calmed my skin down but I wanted duac so eventually they gave it to me and it worked absolute wonders... for about 10 months until my acne came back and not asworse but still bad. I then got prescribed epiduo which did nothing and then the devil Finacea (azaeliac acid or whatver) which was so bad and they said to put me back on duac for a month before putting me on antibiotics and as you can imagine it didnt do anything so now Im about to start erythromycin.. and tips, ideas or past experiences? x

MemberMember
(@millermiles)

Posted : 01/23/2019 4:48 am

Hi

I was on erythromycin for about 6 months about 9 years ago. It cleared me up incredibly, I honestly didnt have a single spot for 6 months. However, sadly the acne started to come back after 6 months-I had become resistant to the antibiotics.

Wishing you the best of luck.

MemberMember
(@nsbsbsnshshsj)

Posted : 01/26/2019 4:41 am

Did it come back worse and also what did you do about it ? Thank you

Also how long did it take for the acne to come back

MemberMember
(@millermiles)

Posted : 01/31/2019 7:31 am

On 1/26/2019 at 9:41 AM, Nsbsbsnshshsj said:

Did it come back worse and also what did you do about it ? Thank you

Also how long did it take for the acne to come back

It came back after 6 months of using it which is why I stopped as I had become resistant to it.

It came back just the same asbefore, not any worse.What havent I done about it is the question haha, Im still suffering with acne and have tried nearly everything. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@nsbsbsnshshsj)

Posted : 02/03/2019 12:19 pm

I decided to stop taking it lol I was so scared after 4 days I allowed it but Im going to go back to my gp and ask to get referred to the hospital dermatologist so they can *fingers crossed* prescribe me Accutane. I really want to go on it and have done tons of research on it