Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys! First time on here even though I’ve had acne for 6 years, I went to the doctor in March 2017 after hearing about duac and asked but they gave me zineryt which calmed my skin down but I wanted duac so eventually they gave it to me and it worked absolute wonders... for about 10 months until my acne came back and not as worse but still bad. I then got prescribed epiduo which did nothing and then the devil Finacea (azaeliac acid or whatver) which was so bad and they said to put me back on duac for a month before putting me on antibiotics and as you can imagine it didn’t do anything so now Im about to start erythromycin.. and tips, ideas or past experiences? x

Hi

I was on erythromycin for about 6 months about 9 years ago. It cleared me up incredibly, I honestly didn’t have a single spot for 6 months. However, sadly the acne started to come back after 6 months-I had become resistant to the antibiotics. 

Wishing you the best of luck. 

On 1/26/2019 at 9:41 AM, Nsbsbsnshshsj said:

Did it come back worse and also what did you do about it ? Thank you

Also how long did it take for the acne to come back

It came back after 6 months of using it which is why I stopped as I had become resistant to it. 

It came back just the same as before, not any worse. What haven’t I done about it is the question haha, I’m still suffering with acne and have tried nearly everything. Good luck. 

I decided to stop taking it lol I was so scared after 4 days I allowed it but I’m going to go back to my gp and ask to get referred to the hospital dermatologist so they can *fingers crossed* prescribe me Accutane. I really want to go on it and have done tons of research on it