Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What type of nose scars? / Treatment? (several pictures)

Hello everyone,

I know there are several posts about scars similar to mine, but I finally mustered up the courage to post my own pictures so you may see for yourself.

  • In high school (2016), I started to pierce pimples that appeared on my nose with a threading needle to pop them (I know, bad idea) and all of these scars took place
  • I have tried Scaraway silicone sheets and Mederma for a few months (started to break out)
  • As of two months ago, I am on Clindamycin Phosphate Gel 1%, Tretinoin Cream 0.05%, Benzoyl Peroxide 10% (topicals) as well as Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg (oral) which has cleared my acne. I haven't had a breakout since I started this treatment.
  • I have oily, tan/brown, hispanic/filipino-asian skin
  • I went to a place that did laser resurfacing and the doc said that my skin tone/ethnicity isn't suitable for laser (this place specialized in reconstructive plastic surgery, not acne scars)
  • From what I gather, these are hypertrophic raised scars (excess collagen / scar tissue) on my nose, but please let me know if I am wrong. What treatment(s) would be best for this type of scarring? Also, I live in Southern California if you can recommend any specialists in my area (I have been looking at Dr. Neda Mehr of Pure Dermatology in Newport Beach, CA).





Edited by CodeBloo
more info

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe these are not scars ..there are non healed acnes 

happens sometime with me also

go see a dermatologist .only he can tell what these are

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

@CodeBloo Step one is to confirm what they are with a good Dermatologist consultation. IF scars...

Thank you for posting. I have helped many with this issue. Keloids Have them injected with dilute steriod by a dermatologist. Many derms will then resurface the nose with co2 laser and electrosurgery. That is concerning the silicone patches caused acne, ... sounds like a infection problem. 

Try the hypertrophic scar section under the scar treatments main sub, ... several cases like yours. 

Several Dr's can do this as it's a laser based treatment, Hollywood derms and plastics, UCLA dermatology dept, Dr Pimple Popper can also do this. Even some aesthetics derms near you. I would do a few consultations  after looking at their ratings and see who you like best.  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try Soolantra(ivermectin) for ur nose? I had the similar problem on one side and thinking that it might be demodecosis I started to use ivermectin, first just got the solution in the vet store, then the cream. It helped, I still use it from time to time. And I do not have Rosazea, not all the symptoms anyway. 

It does not look much like scars, more like deep acne.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes