Notifications
Clear all

A interesting question about punch excision

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 12/12/2018 6:50 am

I am thinking about getting apunch excision for a very large pore on the side of my face, under my eye and to the left of my nose. Would it be better NOT to get any microneedling done with a dermaroller before apunch excision was done as a means of keeping the raised walls around the large pore more precise as to give the plastic surgeon a better chance of a successful surgery? Or, would it not really matter?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/12/2018 7:26 am

If your going to get a punch excision, get a punch excison, don't worry about anything else until you heal. Needling is not going to fix your pores. Cross can be used for this. With one scar you have a better outcome than someone who get's their face cut up all over.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 12/12/2018 12:47 pm

The HARDEST thing about punch excision is not the procedure itself, its the aftercare. When the fine sutures are in, it looks great then and immediate after suture removal. You do need to tape the area for 4 weeks after, because a split scar looks awful. Just keep that in mind post operatively, as this will limit your activities, depending on how stick your surgeon is. Some surgeons/ dermatologist will refuse to do a punch IF they feel that compliance is an issue, as if the wound widens at say week 3 the surgeon is always to blame. The procedure is the same no matter who does it, and the suturing is as basic as it can get. The other rate limiting factor is suture removal - however if you are seeing a well re nenounded surgeon, the nurse will take pride in ROS. I wish you well.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 12/12/2018 6:48 pm

@Obi wan@beautifulambition Is there any way to keep the excised area "numb" for 4 weeks?Can you use something like botox,after suture removal so as to let the area heal?Thanks in advance for your replies.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 12/13/2018 5:43 am

Thanks for the replies. If you had your choice would you do a Punch Excision or go for TCA Cross?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/13/2018 10:52 am

@tasinhooooI have been helping you extensively though Private Messages. Because of your sensitivities and so many things going wrong with the healing from your treatments with further medical concerns I am highly warning you against excisions over the scars on your forehead. That is if you do it things might go wrong and I cannot fix it, the ultimate choice is yours. You can Botox the forehead and then treat the scars.

@HopeNewI would start out with TCA Cross, and if it did not work do punch excision. Manual methods before a surgery.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 12/14/2018 8:43 am

@beautifulambitionI dont have firehead scars.I have a small cheek scar which i think it will benefit for excisio.And i'm asking,if there is any way to "numb" this area till it heals.Thanks.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/14/2018 8:51 am

@tasinhooooPlease consult with your Dr. Through helping through Private messages with your various treatments I know that this will be a nightmare. But this is your plan and path - choice to make. When someone says numb that means for pain typically but a confusing choice of words as why would you need to numb the area till it heals. You can get a tattoo numbing cream on Amazon or take a pain pill.