Notifications
Clear all

Please suggest acne scar treatment

MemberMember
(@slee3)

Posted : 11/05/2018 12:33 am

Hello,

I did three mixto laser surgeries 3-4 years ago and got okay results. Maybe 30% improvement.

I am back at it again trying to figure out the next best treatment for my skin. I am leaning towards seeing Dr. Rullan to do some TCA cross / subcision.

Please view photos and please provide suggestions on what you think will be my best options.

IMG-0490.thumb.JPG.9d8c1d4fec95f43a21d3c619e50175f6.JPGIMG-0489.thumb.JPG.63c6b7579e641d4c4f4585cb05ba99d3.JPGIMG-0488.thumb.JPG.8d155f337fd69e4d7d1411ef707c5f18.JPG

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 11/05/2018 4:52 am

Hi my name is TM and i have similar scarring....I have tried everything inc lasers, fillers, needling, dermal grafts, excisions etc with no results at all....I have also done subcision and skin still looks the same....I have not tried tca cross but I have greatly heard this makes scars bigger so please take care and keep me informed of any treatments you undertake and improvements....thx tm

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 11/05/2018 5:06 am

Textbook candidate for subcision. I too might be seeing Rullan early next yr.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/06/2018 7:37 am

@slee3

Rullan can take care of you, he just does not do energy devices so do that locally at a dr/medspa.

The issue from your post is your tried CO2 laser first before doing any of the manual methods of scar work. You have box cars, rolling, and ice picks.

TCA Cross for the smaller icepicks and tiny linear scars. Several sessions.

4 sessions of aggressive subcision throughout the whole cheeks. You need filler as well for the deeper pits.

Do 3 sessions of rf needling between the subcisions. IT's great for box cars. Wait 3 months apart.

If you need more of a boost now you can do co2 laser to the boxcars angled to only his the scars border not the floor at 3-7% density and the highest power.

You can lastly for surface texture do a few tca acid peels or a erbium peel.

Picosure laser is great for your red skin that is discolored. It also simulates collagen.

I want you to use retin-a/tretinorin/differin nightly and a konjac arbutin cream to prevent discoloration and promote cell turnover. Stop whenever you treat, and then start once your healed.

All treatments should be 3 months apart - body is slow to heal, many take 3 years to treat. Everything is optional, treat when you have time and money.

TCA Cross and Subcision will help you most with filler.

You may dermastamp your scars between DR treatments at home once a month.

BA