Notifications
Clear all

Questions about scar tissue/ skin tissue

MemberMember
(@spunkycirrus)

Posted : 11/02/2018 2:08 pm

Hi there,

I have a question concerning scar tissue.
If you managed to fill a scar which is now at the same level of the skin .. but I imagine the texture looks different. Is it possible to make it look like normal skin ?
Peels can help ? Or maybe microdermabrasion ?
For very shallow scars for example.
The indents are an issue but even if you fix it, can you ever find the texture of your skin?

Ive seen people here who managed to remove a scar completly (very shallow) like it is invisible to the eye (still there I imagine). So that means they made it look like the normal skin texture ?

Moreover, scar treatments like peels, needling.. do they create collagen like normal skin or they remodel the collagen of the scarred skin as it looks less noticeable ? But here again, is it possible to remodel it until it become invisible ?

Please share your experiences

MemberMember
(@hugesoil)

Posted : 11/02/2018 9:22 pm

Hi, normally when a scar fills in, it fills in with scar like tissue. For example, I am doing tca cross and its filling the scars in with skin that kinda looks like a mix of scar tissue and normal skin. If your doing filler then obviously the skin will just look like the normal skin that's on the surface. It really depends on what treatment your doing and how big the scar is. I had tca cross done to some of my really small holes and when they filled in you can literally not even tell that they were there and then I did tca paint of a larger, linear type of scar and this is the scar that is still healing and I can tell doesn't look like totally normal skin. In my opinion its totally fine because I would rather have a filled in scar that looks like slightly different than a hole or crater in my skin. If you go to any successful scar treatment pictures from legit doctors if you look really closely you can tell that when the scars fill in it looks slightly different than the surrounding skin but I think what we need to remember is A) pretty much everyone has slight nicks, spots, or different tones and textures in their skin and that B ) People are way less likely to notice a slight difference in texture than an actual scar.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/02/2018 9:31 pm

You can soften the texture, and you can do thing that build new collagen, ... peels, retin-a, fillers, etc... Energy devices. But we are not replacing the skin with glass smooth skin, that is the scarless healing thread. There will be variation. For some they do not heal well, others have over treated their skin making the texture less. As we age we loose bone and fat/collagen, scar suffers age prematurely. You can mitigate this with filler (volume), peels, and causing collagen production.

To most people if the scar looks better, blended with the surrounding skin then they are happy unless they have BDD or a obsession with small imperfections.

For shallow scars, ... it depends on the scars right. But yes some peels, microneedling, etc can be helpful.

Again no one is removing scars without cutting them out and even then there can be a slight difference. We are softening and blending them. Needling creates normal skin, but it's not magically going to make your scars completely gone.

Un8920 liked
MemberMember
(@spunkycirrus)

Posted : 11/03/2018 1:33 am

Thank you for your answers !

So it depends on individuals, what types of scars you have... But is is very interesting
For example, I have a scar on the top on my nose which took two years to remodel
Now, you can not really see it it looks like the skin texture. But if I press my nose, I see a little white line. Other scars have hairs on it and lines like skin lines..

i amwondering how the skin of @Liquid_Ocelotand @DC-girlare now they managed to get rid of most of their scars more than 90%

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 11/03/2018 4:25 am

I checked a scar on my knee that I've had since I was 10 years old. I'd forgotten about it over the years, but reading this topic prompted me to check how it looks like right now.

I actually had difficulty locating it. It's faded a lot over the 22 years since I've gotten it. From a distance, it's as close to normal skin as you can get, and it's difficult to tell there was a scar there even under different lighting. It IS still a scar though, since it's a bit whiter than my normal skin, and there is a very slight difference from normal skin if you look closely.

For all intents and purposes however, nobody would be able to tell that I have a scar there.

I guess what I want to say that it might be possible to turn scars into something only noticeable with close inspection, given enough treatments and the original condition of the skin.

MemberMember
(@spunkycirrus)

Posted : 11/03/2018 4:46 am

Yes i think it is possible..
moreover, I am always wondering why improvement stops at a certain point. I mean some people have very great improvements on their scars (70% or more)
But what if they continue to do treatments ?
I think skin can always improve and for a scar even if it will never go away, it is possible theoretically to make it invisible.
However, it depends on your scars and the severity. If you have too much treatments it might damage the skin.
In theory, yes, but you will have to treat each scar precisely and to have a very strong skin to not damage it.
I hope treatments will improve in this way !

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 11/03/2018 10:17 am

20 hours ago, SpunkyCirrus said:

Hi there,

I have a question concerning scar tissue.
If you managed to fill a scar which is now at the same level of the skin .. but I imagine the texture looks different. Is it possible to make it look like normal skin ?
Peels can help ? Or maybe microdermabrasion ?
For very shallow scars for example.
The indents are an issue but even if you fix it, can you ever find the texture of your skin?

Ive seen people here who managed to remove a scar completly (very shallow) like it is invisible to the eye (still there I imagine). So that means they made it look like the normal skin texture ?

Moreover, scar treatments like peels, needling.. do they create collagen like normal skin or they remodel the collagen of the scarred skin as it looks less noticeable ? But here again, is it possible to remodel it until it become invisible ?

Please share your experiences

you asked some question for which i am also searching answers from 2 years ..we all know scar can be filled with various methods but some scars have totally diff texture from normal skin like my one small pox scar i filled it with needling at home and the indentation reduced to 70% but texture didnt matched with surrounding skin and totally diff txture..

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 11/03/2018 12:09 pm

I am interested too !

I hope we will havedifferent experiences here, maybe you can try to improve the texture with peels..

Some people are claiming they filled their scars okey but how about the texture ? How about the general texture of their skin ?

MemberMember
(@spunkycirrus)

Posted : 11/07/2018 3:41 pm

Yes I hope we will have testimonials
When I see before/after pictures with good improvement or where ppl have a flat scar, some have different textures and some it looksthe same..
Maybe the point of all of this is to create a fake texture, fake skin, improve silicon, dermaflage (amazing) andfillers to create a perfect skin (fake)
Maybe not permanent but during at least one day you dont have scars ANYMORE

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 11/07/2018 3:49 pm

Yes camouflage seems to be a realistic solution. Imagine I can have a flawless skin once a week, even once a month is priceless ..
I think it exists when you inject collagen but I dont know if it is perfect
I definitely think they could create fake skin that looks a lot like skin with pores, lines ..