Notifications
Clear all

does microneedling make scar deeper

MemberMember
(@jellyy)

Posted : 11/02/2018 7:07 am

i had done 2 sessions of single needling at 1.5mm using the derminator, 4 weeks apart.
it seem to make my scars deeper and create new ones.
first session, i saw little improvement in 2 pitted scars and more new depressed scars due to dryness of alcohol when i disinfect skin i think.
its been 1 week since my second session. the scars look deeper and wider. why is it so?
does needle gone too deep make the scar worse? but i only do it at 1.5mm on stretch skin though.
i dont know should i do third session next month anymore, i scare it will make it even more worse.
but microneedling is my last choice. i can't do peels or acids cause anything thats make me peel give me more new depressed scar, due to taking accutane before in the past.

can anyone who do microneedling or single needling pls share your experience?
like whats the scar look like on week 1 after treatment, how it look on week 2 and so on?

i want to know if my scar is deeper and wider is part of the process or i just only make it worse.

MemberMember
(@eekman)

Posted : 11/02/2018 11:54 am

I have done about 10 needling sessions with derminator (12 needle cartridges)in the past year. Most with 1.5 mm, the last 2 with 2.0 mm needles. I have also been on accutane in the past and scar very easily after it. I don't think derminator has caused any new scars, but it certainly didn't improve anything too. I continue just for the sake of doing something about scars:D The first 3-4 days after procedure, when the skin is swelled, scars look much better, but at the end of the first week they return to how they were before. Those copper peptides, vitamins C, D and other masks don't seem to make any difference too in the healing process..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/02/2018 9:41 pm

@belleiSounds like you have a healing problem and treatments like microneedling cannot be beneficial to your sensitive skin. If it's making it worse stop. Two sessions of needling is very little, some do it for a year or a few. Deeper in wider sounds like damage to your skin or your pressing to hard.What I find with some people is they are doing needling to often (not monthly allowing healing time), to deeply, ... all that is really needed is .75mm, pushing to hard or dragging the needles creating poor skin conditions. I would consult with a board certified acne scar Dr to get advice as you don't want to make things worse and perhaps they have a gentler solution for you like clear and brilliant, perhaps you can get hydro facials as they are gentler, microdermabrasion, skin booster and or prp .

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 11/12/2018 9:29 pm

I experienced the worsening of the texture and the scars became wider after 3 sessions 1,5-2mm in the cheeks and 6 on the forehead done in 6weeks intervals. Got small lines and cuts also new shallow scars. Asked Dr.Chu about it, he did not suggest to do dermapen at home and did another Dermapen fns 1,5-2mm quite hard I would say, I did not do it like this myself. So my experience with Derminator was negative. I notice all problems on the cheeks only after the 3D time. Previous 2 - was not sure. Forehead did not worsen but did not get better either. I will see how it goes after fnsdermapen. I will not do Derminator any more or just single needling of the certain scars.

Also long roa intake, bad healing.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 11/12/2018 9:40 pm

6 minutes ago, Sibel said:

I experienced the worsening of the texture and the scars became wider after 3 sessions 1,5-2mm in the cheeks and 6 on the forehead done in 6weeks intervals. Got small lines and cuts also new shallow scars. Asked Dr.Chu about it, he did not suggest to do dermapen at home and did another Dermapen fns 1,5-2mm quite hard I would say, I did not do it like this myself. So my experience with Derminator was negative. I notice all problems on the cheeks only after the 3D time. Previous 2 - was not sure. Forehead did not worsen but did not get better either. I will see how it goes after fnsdermapen. I will not do Derminator any more or just single needling of the certain scars.

Also long roa intake, bad healing.

I suspect this might be due to needles that are too thick and thus drag, the ones they use on dermapens tend to be larger than the ones on stamps and rollers. Clinically-speaking, microneedling when done properly is quite effective over time, assuming healing is optimized. I would wait after at least 6 sessions to assess improvement, collagen takes a while to grow and settle, scar remodelling can actually take up to a year.