Notifications
Clear all

Rate my acne scars please

MemberMember
(@jay-smith)

Posted : 07/31/2018 8:54 am

Hello all, 

here are a couple of pictures of my acne scars that I™d like anyone to rate. I don™t think the pictures really show them off to their full severity and I™ll try to take better ones if anyone wants that. I™m currently on 60mgs of accutane so excuse the dry lips. I™m also starting to think about acne scar treatment.

maybe this is a feeling some of you know well but I™m constantly in a different mindset flip flopping from seeing my reflection in some good incandescent light which is quite kind to me, And I think hey this isn™t so bad I™m just obsessing. Then I catch my self in some  unfavourable harsh lighting and think oh my god how do I leave house at all with those on me.

I also remember a post on here from one of the moderators saying that most acne scars require a 2 year treatment plan for good results, and  after catching my reflection in mirror I™m always posing the question to myself,  am I 2 years away from looking normal again or just a couple of months. 

My scarring is all on my cheeks and side chin from moderate persistent  acne. My personal opinion is that I don™t have any major individual scars, just a lot of mild to moderate scarring and on a 1-10 scale I™d say I™m a 5.5.

any feedback will greatly appreciated 

1CF2769C-267F-4CBB-82A9-A36F9B43A8BD.jpeg

41BA810E-82B9-40D7-8549-D8EEEC47D2B7.jpeg

2423805C-C3A8-4E8B-AC3E-05737E96C4EC.jpeg

MemberMember
(@mickidepaname)

Posted : 08/01/2018 6:11 am

Man, ok, I'LL rate it.

Your skin looks almost flawless.

Please don't waste your life for sometimes that isn't even there. (And trust me I suffered from scarring myself)

Do you realise that it's not even scars, but really shallow marks we don't even care about ?

You could play the beautiful in a movie with this skin.

You're very lucky, trust me, it's even aesthetic.

MemberMember
(@jay-smith)

Posted : 08/01/2018 9:37 am

Thank you for your reply, but I think I need to take some more pictures ! My skin is far from flawless believe me, its a mess. My acne was neve cycstic right up until I started the accutane, which was to be expected which meant the scarring Ive got may not be particularly deep but believe me when I say That my jawline, cheeks and side chin are covered in boxcar And particularly my cheeks have loads of ice pick scars.

Btw thanks for the compliment bro, I really do appreciate it but how can Acne scarring enhance flawless skin and make it more aesthetic?
i understand the whole making you look perhaps more rugged and masculine, and it does pain me to say it but I think if we took 100 random people who had never had a bad experience with acne and showed them my cheek, and someones whos flawless and said hey whos would you swap for if you had no choiceand had to pick one, they would pick the flawless one every time.
Im not hating on anyone by saying this or being horrible but I think deep down we can all admit progressing through our teenage years that acne and acne scarring was never part the plan and it was something we allhoped to not experience.

MemberMember
(@mickidepaname)

Posted : 08/01/2018 11:00 am

Man, trust me, my scarring is way more important than yours. And I suffered terribly. Really Man. But now thank god I love my scarring (mine, not every scarring)
What I Say doesn't comes from the average dude who gives advices about scarring and confidence like:

"embrace your scars and Say yes to life, scarring isn't everything!"

"People don't Care about scarring, it's all about confidence and self love!"

Lol.

These people don't know anything about life, so don't even bother listening to them.
Bad scarring is a Real problem Man, don't get me wrong.

I repeat. My scars have nothing to do with yours. But I'm convinced you're in the same situation than me.

You won't believe what I will say, prepare yourself, but we'll try to see if I'm right.
I think that, like me , you tend to overrexagerate what you see in the mirror.

Ok, I'll tell you what happened to me.

For 2 years, I had suicidal thoughts EVERY SINGLE DAY. I even crossed the Line, and wasn't far from killing myself.

But my twin Brother saved me. He litterally saved me. (Yes I got a twin Brother with almost no scarring).

I'll tell you what happened. I said to him how I felt about my skin : like a monster, a Freak.

But he looked at me in the Sunlight and said "what? Your skin look ok, what deep scarring are you talking about?"

I didn't believe it, so I made him repeat that for several months, and I finally realised that he was right....I was clearly not seeing the truth.

Then I took pictures about my skin, thinking "how no, we don't see anything...it looks much much better than in the mirror"...and my brother
said to me "...this is your skin Man".

Then I filmed his skin, and Guess what....it looked exactly like what I saw in Real life.

Two weeks ago I had a breakout that left me with several red marks (which will leave in a few months). I took a picture, and this time it looked Bad...

so, that's simple, I challenge you to take a picture showing me how much worse than what your sent me your skin is.

Also, ask somedy how your scars look, and we'll ses what they Say...

Honnestly, I regret the years I wasted litterally walking in the street looking at my shoes, and refusing to hang out with Friends...

And that's very personal, but I find that, on a lot of cases, shallow scarring on jaws are aesthetic. It's just me Man, but Manu Times I look at people with shallow scarring and think : "it suits him very well".

Sorry for the postales, it Comes from my phone corrector, who is set up in french lol

And sorry for the mistakes, it comes from my phone corrector, who is set up in French...

MemberMember
(@jay-smith)

Posted : 08/01/2018 11:30 am

Thanks for the reply bro, I understand what youre saying and I think I need youre mindset and confidence! Ive actually got an appointment with a nurse next Friday concerning the scarring and I will be interested in what they say. Have you just accepted your scarring or are you getting treatment? I dont want to knock your confidence talking about scarring and treatment in a negative connotation like that so excuse my lack of vocabulary, but have you ever seen anyone regarding them ?

Btw Ill send you some more pictures when it gets dark here and my scars look theyre worst ! Thank you again for your kind words and wisdom

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/01/2018 9:56 pm

You asked me to respond here by PM so I will. You are better than 99% of the cases I help. No pits, no fat loss, no major scars. Just some redness. IF this bugs you try some castor oil and comfrey. If that does not work get some vascular laser done for the reds. I see nothing else needed. For a case with no scars you can try Glyolic peels and or Salicylic peels but it's really not needed with your case. Your skin is what most people wish they could achieve but have life altering scarring. Lucky! Spot treat your cysts and zits. Use differin / tretinorin / retin-a nightly if not on Accutane. Wait 6 months until after otherwise. You will heal alot over a year after Accutane.

Ba