Notifications
Clear all

Continuing to breakout on Accutane 40mg

MemberMember
(@cass92)

Posted : 07/17/2018 8:18 pm

Really feeling helpless about my Accutane journey. Each morning I wake up to see more & more Whiteheads & deep cysts forming along my jawline. Im starting week 8, and my dose has just increased from 20mg to 40mg, and my skin is looking worse than before I started the medication. I have so much pus seeping from new pimples, that then bleed and scap and take weeks to heal. Just for a new pimple to form all over again next to the old. Before Accutane I had hormonal cystic acne, but I at least had a few good days out of the month. Now my skin just looks worse & worse each day. I feel extremely demotivated and low about myself. Has anyone else experienced their skin breaking out like this, I feel like this is too long for an IB. When did you start to see results? And what helped your active pimples in terms of creams whilst on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 07/20/2018 12:46 pm

Hi Cass92,

I have been feeling the same as you. I have been on Accutane for 4 months and 1 week now and I still do not see results. I am a 190lb male and for the first 3 months I Was taking 20mgs a day and now my derm upped me to 60mgs a day, but I am still getting new breakouts, and they are the type that stay on my face for 2+weeks before it even starts to heal and almost a month to just disappear if I do not pop the spots that come to a head, but sometimes they don't so I just have to wait. It is very demoralizing and embarrassing especially when I am 30 years old and have to work with a bunch of people I see everyday. I feel for you and wanted you to know that you are not alone. I hope we both clear up soon!