Notifications
Clear all

Acne or Pityrosporum Folliculitis?

MemberMember
(@ellah)

Posted : 07/15/2018 5:11 am

Hello! I™m a 15 year old teenager with (sometimes) very dry, eczema prone skin, and oily mainly on my t-zone. I™ve had these small spots on my forehead for about three years but now my skin has hit an all time low. A couple years ago it used to be very small pimples on my forehead, which progressed be red and increased in number on my forehead (as seen on the photos, i miss my old skin so much). My spots tend to itch sometimes and looked a bit like whatpeople with pityrosporum had which is what made me think it could be that. Sometimes I get small spots near my nose on my cheek. In all honesty, I don™t have the best or most healthy diet, I tend to touch my spots out of habit, and don't drink much water (I have been a lot more recently), which are probably contributing factors to this. I also wear makeup on my forehead, which therefore could be a case of not removing my makeup properly. I have tried various affordable face washes/scrubs, Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (it actually did an ok job around last year but it doesn™t do much now), Witch Naturally Clear Blemish Stick and Dr. Wu Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid 18% (it was recommended to me by a friend, I didn™t try it out for long because I got scared lol). I have not seen to a doctor or dermatologist yet but I thought I™d see what response I would receive on here and do some online research (probably not the best idea). Any feedback would be really funappreciated. Thank you! 

287D83E7-A802-4D77-B706-908B3F5BA4D1.jpeg

A55D161D-64B4-4729-A932-739E24F3CE84.jpeg

4B348C92-3014-4F19-844E-500B00D9D828.jpeg

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 07/15/2018 3:46 pm

Hmm it's a bit hard to tell, but I would go forpityrosporum folliculitis. The bumps are mostly identical and they seem like very stable breakouts overall. But I would go see for help on this one.