Notifications
Clear all

Is it bad to use multiple cleansers/lotions in a day?

MemberMember
(@hypeis191)

Posted : 06/24/2018 10:44 am

I use a 2% SA cleanser first thing when I wake up to take BenzaClin off my face from the night before. Then, once in the shower, I use 10% BP bar soap on my face.

I also alternate the lotions I use. I use Olay's "Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15 Sensitive skin" and Neutrgena's "Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer Pink Grapefruit."

Should I just stick to one lotion, or is it fine to use one one day and the other the next day? Also, is it fine to use two different cleansers?

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 06/26/2018 6:38 am

Its not really necessary to wash your face twice in the morning with 2 different cleansers. If you wore makeup or a heavy sunscreen, thats when a pre cleanse (for instance washing with an oil cleanser) would be ideal and to then follow with your usual cleanser.

Also, does your 2% SA cleanser contain exfoliating beads? If so, I would advise to use that 1-2 times a week. Over exfoliating can cause irritation and dryness of the skin.

When it comes to facial moisturiser (lotion) its perfectly fine to use 2 different ones. Theres no real need to wear a moisturiser at night with spf so stick with a simple moisturiser for night time.

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/09/2022 8:53 am

I think it's not necessary to wash your face with different cleansers. You could wash it once and apply a moisturizer after washing it. Different cleaners may lead to a thinner skin.