Notifications
Clear all

acne is making me depressed

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 06/10/2018 10:44 pm

i dont know if i can do this anymore, I'm so sick of my acne. never had any breakouts throughout my high school years until april 2018, my cheeks started breaking out horribly. 
ive literally tried everything under the sun but nothing has worked and now my acne is getting worse. the post inflammatory erythema are so bad, they make my skin look like i have active pimples. 
ive cried several times because my acne, and i pray almost everyday for me to have clear skin again.
and oh boy oh boy, i am a very sensitive person and two nights ago, my uncle had a small gathering at his place and the adults were asking me how my studies were going and stuff and then this one person had to say "oh you dont have to ask how her studies are going, you can just tell by her face". i was literally so close to tearing up and that comment made me so depressed. 

anyway, a few of the people that have seen me are quite supportive but honestly, i dont need any "motivations" or "tips" from them because that would just remind me of how visible my acne are. :( 

sorry about the grammar, I'm just typing out whatever i want to vent about

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/11/2018 4:28 am

Wow such a horrible comment! But older people or people from other generations usually don't understand your situation.
Stay in there. Even though outer forces and comments and trying to tear you down you still have yourself. No one can take your mindset away. So just stay strong and go your own path, you will find so much joy somewhere else in your life.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/11/2018 7:27 am

I know how hard it is to live with acne and like you I have tried a lot of different treatments without them working. I am currently on Accutane and have been on it for 14 weeks now and it really is helping my acne a lot I have pretty much 0 breakouts on my face. Have you ever considered using Accutane?

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/11/2018 4:15 pm

Accutane can of course be good for you, and luckily you Zacklewis2 are amongst the ones who have gotten good results with this.
But accutane can have very severe side effects, so to consider this as a solution should be thoroughly considered before going for it. Mental problems, childbirth defects, genetic disorders etc.
So beware of both pros and cons when buying and applying accutane

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 06/11/2018 10:03 pm

no, i haven't considered going on Accutane yet but if my conditions gets worse, i will probably visit a doctor or something but I'm concern with the cost of visiting the dermatologist because i live in Australia and boy I'm telling you, just consultation alone is $200+, anyway, i was wondering if i should go to a GP and get some antibiotics :/ or visit like a laser clinic or something

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/12/2018 1:49 am

I would suggest on using some helpful serums such as aloe or essential oils etc.

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 06/12/2018 4:23 am

thank you!

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 06/18/2018 5:30 am

Considering my personal experience, severe acne is caused by extra sebum which depends on hormone. I had severe acne thru my whole teenage. But it cleared up in my freshman year of university. But I got severe injury on my left kidney. Since then, severe acne relapsed horribly. A few years later, it cleared up again. I got steroid prescription 2 years ago for my lack of testosterone, which I guess might have been caused by kidney injury. Anyway at that time, doctor didn't tell me what he was gonna prescribe me was steroid. Anyway, those steroid pills caused severe acne again, and left me severe severe scarring on my face, which is much more terrible than severe acne.I thought my life was cursed. Thesedays, I hate myself on the mirror.

Anyway, what I wanna say is your acne will be gone in the end. I can't say when exactly, but in a few years you will get back clear face again. But what is more important is how to manage your active acne. NEVER squeeze it. And I'd really recommend you to consider taking accutane. Yes, it is true that accutane might have some side effects. But as I said severe acne is caused by extra sebum from hormonal issues. So, visit doctors, and get some consultation.

If I were given a chance to go back to the past when I had just severe acne, I would definitely go back. I know it might sound very weird to you now, because having acne on the whole face is verypainful. I know. But trust me.Severe acne scarring is much more horrible than acne. So, I would go back, and take accutane from the early days no matter how it would cost to me. Then, I wouldn't need to suffer from acne, and post-acne scarring which is much more horrible than acne, and which took social life from me. (I was very outgoing person when I got just severe acne before I got scarring)

Again, you will get back your clear face in the near future. Until then, managing active acne properly is really important. And accutane will be very helpful at this time. I believe you can get back joyful life again quite soon! I am quite sure, and I really hope. 🙂

MemberMember
(@tuongnguyen97)

Posted : 06/18/2018 5:53 am

24 minutes ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:

Considering my personal experience, severe acne is caused by extra sebum which depends on hormone. I had severe acne thru my whole teenage. But it cleared up in my freshman year of university. But I got severe injury on my left kidney. Since then, severe acne relapsed horribly. A few years later, it cleared up again. I got steroid prescription 2 years ago for my lack of testosterone, which I guess might have been caused by kidney injury. Anyway at that time, doctor didn't tell me what he was gonna prescribe me was steroid. Anyway, those steroid pills caused severe acne again, and left me severe severe scarring on my face, which is much more terrible than severe acne.I thought my life was cursed. Thesedays, I hate myself on the mirror.

Anyway, what I wanna say is your acne will be gone in the end. I can't say when exactly, but in a few years you will get back clear face again. But what is more important is how to manage your active acne. NEVER squeeze it. And I'd really recommend you to consider taking accutane. Yes, it is true that accutane might have some side effects. But as I said severe acne is caused by extra sebum from hormonal issues. So, visit doctors, and get some consultation.

If I were given a chance to go back to the past when I had just severe acne, I would definitely go back. I know it might sound very weird to you now, because having acne on the whole face is verypainful. I know. But trust me.Severe acne scarring is much more horrible than acne. So, I would go back, and take accutane from the early days no matter how it would cost to me. Then, I wouldn't need to suffer from acne, and post-acne scarring which is much more horrible than acne, and which took social life from me. (I was very outgoing person when I got just severe acne before I got scarring)

Again, you will get back your clear face in the near future. Until then, managing active acne properly is really important. And accutane will be very helpful at this time. I believe you can get back joyful life again quite soon! I am quite sure, and I really hope. 🙂

@ScarsWillBeHistory:I can feel your pain =(

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 06/18/2018 7:12 am

1 hour ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:

Considering my personal experience, severe acne is caused by extra sebum which depends on hormone. I had severe acne thru my whole teenage. But it cleared up in my freshman year of university. But I got severe injury on my left kidney. Since then, severe acne relapsed horribly. A few years later, it cleared up again. I got steroid prescription 2 years ago for my lack of testosterone, which I guess might have been caused by kidney injury. Anyway at that time, doctor didn't tell me what he was gonna prescribe me was steroid. Anyway, those steroid pills caused severe acne again, and left me severe severe scarring on my face, which is much more terrible than severe acne. I thought my life was cursed. Thesedays, I hate myself on the mirror.

If I were given a chance to go back to the past when I had just severe acne, I would definitely go back. I know it might sound very weird to you now, because having acne on the whole face is very painful. I know. But trust me. Severe acne scarring is much more horrible than acne. So, I would go back, and take accutane from the early days no matter how it would cost to me. Then, I wouldn't need to suffer from acne, and post-acne scarring which is much more horrible than acne, and which took social life from me. (I was very outgoing person when I got just severe acne before I got scarring)

wow thank you for words, I'm really glad that you overcame your acne :) 
well, my cysts are all drying up and turning into scabs with the help of teatree oil and no new pimples have formed yay!

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 06/18/2018 10:42 am

3 hours ago, sickofacnee said:
wow thank you for words, I'm really glad that you overcame your acne :) 
well, my cysts are all drying up and turning into scabs with the help of teatree oil and no new pimples have formed yay!

Well, actually I can't say I overcame acne because I am suffering from acne scarring now. Anyway, good to hear that. 🙂 Acne will gradually decrease and will be gone naturally. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 06/18/2018 6:04 pm

7 hours ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:
Well, actually I can't say I overcame acne because I am suffering from acne scarring now. Anyway, good to hear that. 🙂 Acne will gradually decrease and will be gone naturally. Good luck!

sigh, those scars are quite stubborn aren't they :/ i suffering from post inflammatory erythema and theyre so annoying and doesn't seem to go away 

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 06/19/2018 4:16 am

10 hours ago, sickofacnee said:
sigh, those scars are quite stubborn aren't they :/ i suffering from post inflammatory erythema and theyre so annoying and doesn't seem to go away 

Red marks will go away within months or a year. Or if you visit dermatologist, it will be gone more quickly. Just red marks, not dented scars or textural changes, will be gone in the end. Don't worry. You will get back clear face again 🙂

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 06/19/2018 4:44 am

27 minutes ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:
10 hours ago, sickofacnee said:

Red marks will go away within months or a year. Or if you visit dermatologist, it will be gone more quickly. Just red marks, not dented scars or textural changes, will be gone in the end. Don't worry. You will get back clear face again 🙂

oh thank you man, reading your comments make me feel 100 times better. 

MemberMember
(@benjamin94)

Posted : 06/19/2018 7:24 am

On 11/06/2018 at 10:15 PM, AcneVM said:

Accutane can of course be good for you, and luckily you Zacklewis2 are amongst the ones who have gotten good results with this.
But accutane can have very severe side effects, so to consider this as a solution should be thoroughly considered before going for it. Mental problems, childbirth defects, genetic disorders etc.
So beware of both pros and cons when buying and applying accutane

Genetic Disorders?

In the words of Dr Najeeb You should publish that because no one else has ever heard of it

On 18/06/2018 at 11:30 AM, ScarsWillBeHistory said:

Are you sure you werent given steroids for the kidney problem? Androgenic steroids are usually given by injection not tablets. Oral steroids are usually corticosteroids, used to treat inflammatory disorders.

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 06/19/2018 9:59 pm

15 hours ago, Benjamin94 said:

Are you sure you werent given steroids for the kidney problem? Androgenic steroids are usually given by injection not tablets. Oral steroids are usually corticosteroids, used to treat inflammatory disorders.

Yes, I am sure I was not given the pills for my kidney. I had testosterone problems, and those pills were given for the hormone problem. The urology doctor didn't think I had a problem in the kidney functioning.

Oh, I searched it on Google, and according to Wikipedia, it's non-steroidal medication. The pills are called Clomifene. Other doctor I visited told me the pills were steroidal, so should be prescribed to the patients very carefully. But it seemed that it's non-steroidal. Thank you for pointing out.

MemberMember
(@benjamin94)

Posted : 06/20/2018 5:52 am

7 hours ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:
Yes, I am sure I was not given the pills for my kidney. I had testosterone problems, and those pills were given for the hormone problem. The urology doctor didn't think I had a problem in the kidney functioning.

Oh, I searched it on Google, and according to Wikipedia, it's non-steroidal medication. The pills are called Clomifene. Other doctor I visited told me the pills were steroidal, so should be prescribed to the patients very carefully. But it seemed that it's non-steroidal. Thank you for pointing out.

And did Clomifene successfully raise your testosterone?

Did the urologist find a cause for your Hypoandrogenism?

Sorry to pry - Im just very interested in endocrinology.

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 06/20/2018 10:34 am

4 hours ago, Benjamin94 said:
And did Clomifene successfully raise your testosterone?

Did the urologist find a cause for your Hypoandrogenism?

Sorry to pry - I™m just very interested in endocrinology.

Haha, I understand. I was also interested in stuffs like how our body is working with hormone, or concepts like negative feedback in the biology textbook. :)

Yes, the treatment was successful in the term of raising testosterone. I took the pills for two months as I remember. But it caused a lot of side effects like cardio problems other than just acne and acne scarring issues.

I don't know he found a cause for my symptoms, but testosterone didn't fall down after the treatment.

MemberMember
(@benjamin94)

Posted : 06/20/2018 1:05 pm

2 hours ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:
Haha, I understand. I was also interested in stuffs like how our body is working with hormone, or concepts like negative feedback in the biology textbook. :)

Yes, the treatment was successful in the term of raising testosterone. I took the pills for two months as I remember. But it caused a lot of side effects like cardio problems other than just acne and acne scarring issues.

I don't know he found a cause for my symptoms, but testosterone didn't fall down after the treatment.

Did you have low FSH and LH levels? 

MemberMember
(@scarswillbehistory)

Posted : 06/21/2018 4:01 am

14 hours ago, Benjamin94 said:
17 hours ago, ScarsWillBeHistory said:

Did you have low FSH and LH levels? 

I don't remember the detail. I think the doctor didn't tell me about it, or I forgot.