Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timpf

Oily sensitive skin?

Whhat are the best cleansers, moisturizers, toners and exfoliators for oily sensitive skin? Natural treatments like honey and aloe vera have made my face breakout and itch and I’m dealing with some post PIH and PIE, so I’m really scared to use alot of different products but I want to get clearest skin I can

Witch hazel is a good toner for healing scars and redness. 
Also exfoliants 2 times a week

1 hour ago, AcneVM said:

Witch hazel is a good toner for healing scars and redness. 
Also exfoliants 2 times a week

Which exfoliants? 

4 hours ago, AcneVM said:

AHA or BHA. BHA is good for oily skin. 

Is this something I can get in stores at say like Walmart? 

On 5/26/2018 at 6:16 PM, timpf said:

Whhat are the best cleansers, moisturizers, toners and exfoliators for oily sensitive skin? Natural treatments like honey and aloe vera have made my face breakout and itch and I’m dealing with some post PIH and PIE, so I’m really scared to use alot of different products but I want to get clearest skin I can

Have you ever considered DOING NOTHING?

The best regimen that cleared up many people, myself included, is doing nothing for an extended period of time. No cleanser, no toner, no moisturizer, not even water, nada, zip, zilch. It's called "Caveman regimen".

i agree with sirius lee. using certain soaps or over washing can make sensitive/oily skin worse by irritating and stripping the skin of natural oils, forcing the body to overproduce sebum.

some say genetics have a part to play in how oily your skin is but from my experience certain foods/drinks can exacerbate it. like fizzy drinks. (ive read vitamin zinc can help with oily skin?) 

but one thing which i find helpful is using pure tea tree oil, at night. (demodox mites can cause sensitive skin, pure tea tree oil is one way ti kill them)

Edited by MrBakery