Notifications
Clear all

Ice pick scarring in California

MemberMember
(@myscarredlife)

Posted : 03/13/2018 4:44 pm

Hello everyone and thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help,

In my teens I suffered from horrific cystic acne and it left me with some pretty noticeable ice pick scarring all over my cheeks. I'm 22 years old and finally at a point in my life where I am able to do something about this. I will be finishing school soon and hope to put my best self forward when I enter the job market and these scars really ruin my self esteem.

I am bi-racial and of darker complexion, I have researched since I was in high school for a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon who might be able to excise some of my bigger ice picks, I also have several shallower ice picks all over my cheeks.The bigger ones in the front of my face are most noticeable, even from far away and really bother me the most.When stretched I can see the base of the scar for the majority of them. I was hoping someone knew of a good doctor based in California who can help me with my scarring. I'm finally about to start my life and my scars really make me self conscious, especially when people stare at them. Thank you so much anyone who is able to help! 

skin.jpg

skin2.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/13/2018 6:50 pm

Some of them are realy quite red and look hyperpigmented?

MemberMember
(@myscarredlife)

Posted : 03/13/2018 9:32 pm

2 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Some of them are realy quite red and look hyperpigmented?

Some of them are shallow ice picks, others are tiny moles and freckles. I've resolved my acne problem, my main concern is the actual pitting. Sorry for not clarifying that in the OP.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2018 4:35 am

@myscarredlife You need TCA Cross. Dr. Rulan in San Diego.