Notifications
Clear all

Is subcision plus filler workable for improving SEVERE scars?

MemberMember
(@neverandever)

Posted : 03/14/2018 9:25 am

I am planning to do subcision plus dermal filler to deal with my scars. (I have done fractional CO2 laser for 4-5 times before)

But when I do more research, it seems to me that most of the patients who have gone through such treatment are not really with very severe scars. 

I was wondering if it would be an effective way to improve the scars, tho it needs to be refilled after every 3~6 months. 

Here are some of my photos (I'm also not very sure which types of scars I am having even I try to identify them with reference to the photos that are online--but i guess, most of them are ice pick & boxcar...)

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

Thank you so much!!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2018 9:37 am

You don't have severe scars, no fat loss, no huge craters, not 100% coverage in scars . Actually this is not true, people with high amounts of fat deficiency, facial wasting, and huge craters on their face get subcision and filler. Your scars are not this severe

You mainly have box cars, some rolling scars, and Icepicks

1) 3 treatments of subcision with filler
2) RF microneedling is the most important for you, you may need 4 treatments. This works on boxcars well. You do these every 3 months in between subcision (until the filler runs out to top up again).
3) TCA Cross many times of your icepicks.
4) TCA peels for texture, a deep sedated peel, or fully ablative erbium laser resurfacing.
5) If all else fails do CO2 5-7% density and the highest power power the areas of concern, I would not do laser first, as it does have side effects. This is not fractional Co2 in grid patterns but individually treating the scars for fibrosis.
6) I see some skin discoloration and this can be handled with Vascular laser or IPL to get rids of your hyperpigmentation.

Because you have ethnic skin you need to use hydroquinone and tretinorin 3 weeks prior to treatments to prevent hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@neverandever)

Posted : 03/14/2018 10:46 am

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

You don't have severe scars, no fat loss, no huge craters, not 100% coverage in scars . Actually this is not true, people with high amounts of fat deficiency, facial wasting, and huge craters on their face get subcision and filler. Your scars are not this severe

You mainly have box cars, some rolling scars, and Icepicks

1) 3 treatments of subcision with filler
2) RF microneedling is the most important for you, you may need 4 treatments. This works on boxcars well. You do these every 3 months in between subcision (until the filler runs out to top up again).
3) TCA Cross many times of your icepicks.
4) TCA peels for texture, a deep sedated peel, or fully ablative erbium laser resurfacing.
5) If all else fails do CO2 5-7% density and the highest power power the areas of concern, I would not do laser first, as it does have side effects. This is not fractional Co2 in grid patterns but individually treating the scars for fibrosis. 
6) I see some skin discoloration and this can be handled with Vascular laser or IPL to get rids of your hyperpigmentation.

Because you have ethnic skin you need to use hydroquinone and tretinorin 3 weeks prior to treatments to prevent hyperpigmentation. 

Thanks for your suggestions. I have booked a consultant for subcision with filler. For RF microneedling, I think I may have to find the translation of it since the treatments in my country are usually translated in our local language (edit: is SCARLET RF one of the brands of RT microneedling?)....-_- For TCA I'm not sure whether it is available in my country (laser is the most common in our country probably because of its profitability). 

But thanks for your reply. Wish you all the best! :)