Notifications
Clear all

Who does erbium laser in CA?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/18/2018 2:55 pm

Are there any doctors that use erbium lasersthe exact same way as Dr. Lim in california?

Amp2695 liked
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/08/2018 11:38 am

what about south coast med spa? they have really awesome before and afters on their site. idk if they fuck around w photoshop, but they seem pretty good. I called them and they seemed really professional, set up a Skype interview and everything. they use the sciton

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/08/2018 11:44 am

Their pics are doctored. The before pictures have harsh overhead lighting while the after photos have flash. Flash will make scars disappear. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. A lot of clinics try to pull that bs by using completely different lighting in b&a

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/08/2018 12:04 pm

damn. well if i were you i would still try them out. even tho they tamper w b & a they have probably done over hundreds of erbiums, and they are done by their docs not aestethicians (from what they told me) rather than going somewhere else. but its your choice. is that your next step, erbium?

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/11/2018 3:16 pm

what about dr rullan??

ok question: usually erbium laser is the final step in a scar revision plan, are you at that stage w your scars??

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 05/12/2018 6:29 pm

Fully ablative erbium laser is only good if your scars lie in the same plane- namely shallow box car scars or ice pick scars that have previously been treated with TCA CROSS to shallow them. This is usually one of the very last steps of scar revision(as BA often says for texture). The rate limiting factor, apart from scars- is your skin type. Darker skin patients - only safe to 300 to 600 microns at max, that is only 0.3- 0.6 mm (many of your skin is damaged or can be thin from treatments so care must be taken). Its a high risk procedure, so be careful. There are also Dr who specialize in deep peels for your skin type that do a great job as well. Drs all have different ways of using a laser, ... look at the reviews for hints and interview them on how they would perform the procedure. Many will beconservative to avoid complications.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/13/2018 7:03 am

On 5/11/2018 at 1:16 PM, Amp2695 said:

what about dr rullan??

ok question: usually erbium laser is the final step in a scar revision plan, are you at that stage w your scars??

I have thought about it, but only for select scars with sharp, jagged edges. For those, no amount of filling or subcision will get rid of the sharp demarcation.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/13/2018 10:55 am

Have you ever tried any type of peels? I knew a guy with really deep sharp boxcar edged scars and he would do several 35% and they somewhat softened the edges a bit.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 05/23/2018 7:48 am

Those sharp edged boxcars are actually my problem. They're all relatively shallow, but those sharp edged scars make them stand out a bit. Unfortunately, i do not have access to fully ablative lasers nor deep chemical peels so I might have to resort to multiple tca peels and possibly dermabrasion