Notifications
Clear all

Accutane flushing on super low dose

MemberMember
(@so_fitting)

Posted : 02/14/2018 6:35 am

Good morning :)
I've been on accutane for 4 months or so, low dose of 20mg every other day - blood work and general health are consistently okay.

I seem to flush quite often and I wanted to understand, apart from bearing with it, what i could do to reduce the redness? It's not rednress from dryness / irritation as it perodically disappears, but my face always appears to be pink all over and it's counter productive to sorting oily skin out (hated oily skin, now substiuted it for redness).

Does anyone have any advice? :)

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/14/2018 7:50 am

I'm sorry that I can't help you but how long is your course over and what's the severity?

MemberMember
(@so_fitting)

Posted : 02/14/2018 8:50 am

I don't have acne in the traditional sense, before Accutane i had severely oily skin which causes small bumps and general redness around them. The oily skin was the main problem as it made me look like i was sweating, even if it was -1 outside.

MemberMember
(@bigm84)

Posted : 02/20/2018 4:44 pm

I have the same issue mate. On 30mg p/day and my skin turned a pinky/red colour within a couple of weeks. Just hit 6 months and redness is slightly better but flushing still a major problem. Really gets me down, I flush at any slight embarrassment, exercise, eating. Gets that bad I looksunburnt!

Been close to quitting but Im 33 and completely sick of acne so trying to stick with the tane. Really hope the flushing improves quickly when I finish the course as its as bad as the acne