Notifications
Clear all

Myorisan 40mg a day

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 02/14/2018 12:33 pm

My son has severe cystic acne on his face. His dermatologist put him on Myorisan (aka isotretinoin) 40mg daily. He's on his 2nd week and is breaking out a lot. Can he put any over the counter acne creams on his face? He has a lot of white heads coming out. He already drinks plenty of water daily and is staying away from dairy. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@user650140)

Posted : 02/14/2018 12:49 pm

It seems quite common for people to experience an increase in breakouts after first starting the accutane course due to the skin purging out all the bad stuff.

Once your son has been taking accutane for a little longer you may find an over the counter cream works well alongside the accutane, for instancehave been taking accutane for 1year3months and found it was working extremely slowly. Recently my dermatologist recommended a topical cream called Skinoren (the 20% one) which I have been using the past two months and have already noticed a large improvement.Having said this, I have never experienced any side effects or dryness from accutane and due to being Azeliac acid which can be quite drying, the skinoren may be too harsh on someone experiencing dryness as a result of the accutane as well.

Iwould give the accutane a while longer to work as a 'purging' stage at the beginning of treatment is common and usually passes after the first month.

Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 02/27/2018 3:41 pm

My son is on his 22nd day now on Myorisan (isotreinoin). His side effects are dry lips and dry skin. His skin on his face is very dry and flaky. What kind of moisturizing creams do any of you recommend for him to use?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/28/2018 1:22 pm

LA posay make one specifically for isotretinion users.