Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Notokel

AFRAID OF TCA CROSS

Recommended Posts


5 months ago i had treatment of tca cross for my icepick scars and  after 1 week my scars looks wide and larger thats why Im afraid doing it again. Any advice ?



 
Link to post
Share on other sites
@Notokel This is the reason for TCA Cross. To raise the floor of the icepick scar through several treatments and then do tca peels or erbium resurfacing for surface texture. You can't just do one treatment of tca cross by the way it takes several. Then your resurface the surface texture as I stated. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Candy Says said:

Wait, 5 months ago week after  the procedure it looked larger.  How is it going now?

i had different procedure from 5 months after i did tca cross. Now ? Looks Much better . But STILL have icepicks. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Notokel said:
42 minutes ago, Candy Says said:

Wait, 5 months ago week after  the procedure it looked larger.  How is it going now?

i had different procedure from 5 months after i did tca cross. Now ? Looks Much better . But STILL have icepicks. 
Yes, I remember you. You have incredible improvement in late autumn. Would like to see updates. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Notokel said:

i had treatment of tca cross for my icepick scars and  after 1 week my scars looks wide and larger


I dunno why people complain about the widening of the scar. If you think about it, the scar bed is being pushed up from below due to new collagen. This will naturally cause friction to the diameter of the scar--hence the widening. Now had the scar become wider but not shallower, then that would be problematic. But in most cases, the scars would have looked shallower in depth, despite being wider.
Link to post
Share on other sites
@thepwhisp  i think its yes ! Here's my latest before / after . Same angle . Same lightning.20180203_120347.jpg.  My scars on my temples almost fillep up  , but it takes time.  And Im planning to do tca cross for the icepicks.
Link to post
Share on other sites

TCA CROSS will give you the best results. Your treatments are doing just fine. Push on with your TCA, I note on your cheeks you do have atrophic areas, possibly filler at the end can help. When your specialist is doing the Infini, they can reduce the PD (pulse duration) and also the level to say 3-4 , and use a 3 mm setting, This will treat the hard lumpy areas shaped like a V  (raised hypertrophic scars)- your dermatologist will know what to do, namely drip some A 40= A 20 Kenalog in this area. This will sort out the raised scars and soften this area. Otherwise, great progress. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
@Notokel .  Your temples look great.  Honestly a huge improvement there.  Was this just from three sessions?  Do you think adding say another 3 infini sessions could keep filling the scars in with good results? Edited by thepwhisp
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dazzed said:

I've been highly skeptical of Infini, but these results are very compelling.


Well Infini really can't be any worse than lasers. Very nice results here. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, terribleesteem said:

After my treatment, my scar widened and Have not seen an improvement even in 8 weeks... I hope it gets better in the next couple of months.

 

clear. i had this procedure 16th october 2020, and I yet see improvements.

my first two weeks my scars seemed worse, but after it granulation tissue formed which dried in a few days (I didn't wash my face to make it dry) and when the scabs fell off the skin stood up. maybe I am a good responder, I think so because I have had a visible improvement with just one session.

 
 
  
Edited by suvvolo
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, suvvolo said:

clear. i had this procedure 16th october 2020, and I yet see improvements.

my first two weeks my scars seemed worse, but after it granulation tissue formed which dried in a few days (I didn't wash my face to make it dry) and when the scabs fell off the skin stood up. maybe I am a good responder, I think so because I have had a visible improvement with just one session.

I am genuinely happy for you. Maybe it just does not suit my skin or maybe it takes longer in my case. Hopefully there are corrective treatments out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, terribleesteem said:

I am genuinely happy for you. Maybe it just does not suit my skin or maybe it takes longer in my case. Hopefully there are corrective treatments out there.

thanks. in my case, the "secret" was to let the skin dry. but, of course, there's always subjectivity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, suvvolo said:

thanks. in my case, the "secret" was to let the skin dry. but, of course, there's always subjectivity.

Seriously?? I heard it is good to keep it wet?? How did you keep it dry and how did it help?

Also, what type was your initial scar? and how deep was it? I am sorry for the load of questions. But I am really trying to figure out what are the odds of this procedure yielding a good result and the potential future treatments that I might take up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, terribleesteem said:

Seriously?? I heard it is good to keep it wet?? How did you keep it dry and how did it help?

Also, what type was your initial scar? and how deep was it? I am sorry for the load of questions. But I am really trying to figure out what are the odds of this procedure yielding a good result and the potential future treatments that I might take up.

yes, the first week I applied an antibiotic cream. after 14 days from the application of the tca cross, I noticed that scabs were forming which I let dry and then fall off. when they fell off, the skin lifted and the scars spread.

they were shallow scars one millimeter in diameter.

Edited by suvvolo
Link to post
Share on other sites

@suvvolo  and @terribleesteem

in my own case, if any scab formed, i'd get pitted scars. in some case the pits would fill up and some case , it won't. so based on that, 'wet dressing' is the solution for me. i just use Aquaphor as many in the forum do and have suggested to others too. the healing process without scabbing and less peeling would be much more significant for the end result. some people still have good skin regeneration and got no problem with scabbings but believe me, nothing could beat wet dressing method for after care skin treatment. it's the modern approach of wound healing. with wet dressing, you have to avoid anything that make the wound dried up including antibiotic cream. Aquaphor itself is a semi-occlusive dressing and would act as barrier for any bacterial from outside getting into the wound while keeping our own skin moist intact which provide faster healing for the wound. HTH

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, suvvolo said:

clear. i had this procedure 16th october 2020, and I yet see improvements.

my first two weeks my scars seemed worse, but after it granulation tissue formed which dried in a few days (I didn't wash my face to make it dry) and when the scabs fell off the skin stood up. maybe I am a good responder, I think so because I have had a visible improvement with just one session.

 
 
  

Did some of your scars got wider after TCA cross ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 3:25 PM, Miro said:

Did some of your scars got wider after TCA cross ?

 
yes, wider and the edges have become softer; I like the result
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, suvvolo said:
 
yes, wider and the edges have become softer; I like the result

So wider but less deep ? Did dr used laser to resurface At the end ? What % do u think is improvement ? What is the name of  dr that performed TCA cross ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×