Notifications
Clear all

Third month on accutane

MemberMember
(@carlygaines)

Posted : 01/20/2018 10:11 am

I have been on accutane for a little over three months now and everything IS SO SO SO DRY!!!! Before starting accutane I had very oily skin and I would always have to carry around oil blotting sheets, but now my skin flakes off! Okay, so the dryness hasnt gotten awful until about a week ago. The first two months I just moisturized before I went to school, when I got home from school, and when I went to bed and I didnt experience any dry patches. But now Im mostriuzing four or five times a day and I have huge white spots on my arms and stomach and my arms are so speckled that I could never wear short sleeves or I would look absolutely insane!!! Im a girl who likes to wear makeup and I just put a bunch of moisturizer on before I put on makeup and by fourth period my makeup is crusting off with my dry skin!! Yesterday my lips were so chapped that they were white and shriveled and I had a huge red ring around them :(( WORST PART IS my skin hasnt improved at all in the past month and Im so self conscious and ugly can somebody please help me :(((

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 01/21/2018 3:54 pm

Looks like you need to see your derm. Also, I would avoid putting on makeup while doing skin treatment.