Notifications
Clear all

Taken off Accutane, headaches still persist. Help!

MemberMember
(@jman0995)

Posted : 01/19/2018 12:55 pm

Hello everyone,
So to start it off...yes, I fit in that very little chance of the acne medication doing less good than it does bad. Im 17 with cystic acne so once I found out medication exists that can stop it all togetherI grabbed on to it so fast, but I should of researched some more. Its been well over a month since my last dose which I was only on for about 2 weeks and my headaches still persist...Im not sure how long I can take a headache 24/7. I cant focus Im class and Im having to skip school much more frequently. Im wondering if anyone has gone through what I have and if they haveany suggestions on how to help. My neurologist is going to give me meds for the headaches soon so hopefully thatll stop them once and for all. (FYI please, I dont mean to scare anyone from not taking Accutane, everyones different which is why they need to put those warnings out...unfortunately I suffered from the headaches. I would highly recommend to look around and research as it changed my mind on Accutane)

MemberMember
(@fiksi)

Posted : 01/19/2018 1:42 pm

35 minutes ago, Jman0995 said:

Hello everyone,
So to start it off...yes, I fit in that very little chance of the acne medication doing less good than it does bad. Im 17 with cystic acne so once I found out medication exists that can stop it all togetherI grabbed on to it so fast, but I should of researched some more. Its been well over a month since my last dose which I was only on for about 2 weeks and my headaches still persist...Im not sure how long I can take a headache 24/7. I cant focus Im class and Im having to skip school much more frequently. Im wondering if anyone has gone through what I have and if they haveany suggestions on how to help. My neurologist is going to give me meds for the headaches soon so hopefully thatll stop them once and for all. (FYI please, I dont mean to scare anyone from not taking Accutane, everyones different which is why they need to put those warnings out...unfortunately I suffered from the headaches. I would highly recommend to look around and research as it changed my mind on Accutane)

Hello and welcome!

First of all, you are right, this is an extremely dangerous medication... side effects can keep developing long after you stop, and many are permanent. Docs deny tane will eg cause hair to shed, but many have become completely bald.

I am also one sufferer of myriad of effects, and we are not fully informed on all consequences. Permanent impotence/ED was just recently added.

This is a cancer drug/chemo, not a low level antibiotic, and we don't even know how it works.

For me, it helps to be hydrated and eye drops usage- to help headaches. I have stopped accutane as well, after a bad reaction, but I still get stronger headaches as well-not 24/7 though. You shoudl get checked that you don't have brain pressure from accutane, otherwise there is little help but NSAIDs.

MemberMember
(@jman0995)

Posted : 01/19/2018 9:59 pm

8 hours ago, fiksi said:
Hello and welcome!

First of all, you are right, this is an extremely dangerous medication... side effects can keep developing long after you stop, and many are permanent. Docs deny tane will eg cause hair to shed, but many have become completely bald.

I am also one sufferer of myriad of effects, and we are not fully informed on all consequences. Permanent impotence/ED was just recently added.

This is a cancer drug/chemo, not a low level antibiotic, and we don't even know how it works.

For me, it helps to be hydrated and eye drops usage- to help headaches. I have stopped accutane as well, after a bad reaction, but I still get stronger headaches as well-not 24/7 though. You shoudl get checked that you don't have brain pressure from accutane, otherwise there is little help but NSAIDs.

Yeah, Im assuming my doctor is probably going to give me some stronger anti inflammatory pill and Im praying itll work. Ill try eye drops as nothing seems to really help me at this point. Its truly an agonizing headache everyday but my neurologist says theres nothing wrong, even giving me a Lp that showed the pressure wasnt above average. Just hopefully looking forward to that day when everything goes back to normal. Thanks for replying as people I talk to dont know how it feels to be heavily affected by this drug.

MemberMember
(@fiksi)

Posted : 01/22/2018 9:42 am

On 20. 01. 2018. at 3:59 AM, Jman0995 said:
On 19. 01. 2018. at 7:42 PM, fiksi said:
Hello and welcome!

Yeah, Im assuming my doctor is probably going to give me some stronger anti inflammatory pill and Im praying itll work. Ill try eye drops as nothing seems to really help me at this point. Its truly an agonizing headache everyday but my neurologist says theres nothing wrong, even giving me a Lp that showed the pressure wasnt above average. Just hopefully looking forward to that day when everything goes back to normal. Thanks for replying as people I talk to dont know how it feels to be heavily affected by this drug.

It's possible accutane messed up something else than brain pressure, and this, doctors can't fix anymore. Headache comes from many sources.

I'd say, take care of yourself, vitamins, supplements, and keep waiting. Body can fix some damage, if not all.