Notifications
Clear all

My face burns after I apply moisturizer

MemberMember
(@madi-b-26)

Posted : 01/07/2018 3:10 am

Im currently on acne medication, and it has worked wonders on my skin. However, occasionally after applying moisturizer my face burns and I dont know why. My skin does doesnt always do this though. Most of the time my skin doesnt burn, but I go through these weeks where my skin burns after applying it. Im assuming my face burns because of the chemical reaction between the moisturizer and the acne medication, but Im worried because my skin only burns on occasion. I dont know whats wrong and I hope I can get some help.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/07/2018 6:50 am

Just be carefull when applying moisturiser under the eyes and nose area.
:)

MemberMember
(@im_mattw)

Posted : 01/07/2018 6:52 am

Have you tired a different moisturiser to see if it has the same effects? I cant imagine burning skin can be healthy.

MemberMember
(@smilingchunsa)

Posted : 02/06/2018 3:12 am

ymmv but while benzoyl peroxide works well to treat acne it at the same time makes your face very sensitive, dry, and irritated. If your moisturizer has been working fine before but all of a sudden burns, it probably means that your skin is super dry, irritated and sensitive. Cut back on the benzoyl peroxide for a few days and pamper your skin a little bit. Let it rest.

MemberMember
(@showyfunction)

Posted : 02/06/2018 8:40 am

What moisturiser do you use? Some moisturisers arent good for sensitive skin and actually make it worse so maybe try different moisturisers that are more soothing