Notifications
Clear all

Ovarian Cyst Detected - cause of acne?

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 12/31/2017 10:36 am

I was at the ER yesterday and through two ultrasounds, they detected an ovarian cyst about 2 1/2 inches long on my right ovary (which I found funny, because the right side of my face seems to break out much more than my left). That leaves me wondering, is this truly the cause of my acne? I developed acne about four months ago, and thought it's mild, I wonder if this is why it never heals and keeps appearing. The doctor suspected it recently popped, so does this mean I'll start healing or will the hormonal imbalance causing it still affect my acne? I'm going to a gyno next week, but am worried about treatment options, seeing as I can'5 take the pill.

MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 12/31/2017 1:20 pm

Ovarian cysts tend to come and go on their own, I had one and didn't need any treatment other than finding ways to deal with the pain. Are you talking about treatment options for the cyst or the acne? If the cyst popped then it should start to go away within a few menstrual cycles I believe. As for whether or not its causing your acne I have no clue lol

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 01/04/2018 1:34 pm

On 12/31/2017 at 1:20 PM, spicyotter said:

Ovarian cysts tend to come and go on their own, I had one and didn't need any treatment other than finding ways to deal with the pain. Are you talking about treatment options for the cyst or the acne? If the cyst popped then it should start to go away within a few menstrual cycles I believe. As for whether or not its causing your acne I have no clue lol

I meant treatment to prevent the formation of other cysts, AND to hopefully help my acne. It's strange that my acne started at the same time I developed symptoms of an ovarian cyst, don't you think? My guess is maybe a hormonal imbalance or low thyroid.