Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZebraGirl

Will I get more pimples if I pop these?

So I have these swollen pimples on my cheeks and they have been there for almost 6 months. They started as under the skin and now I can tell that the puss is at the top even though there is no head. These things seem like they will never go away unless I pop them! I tried a small one and I used a pimple popping tool and it took little force to pop it but it bleeld after I did it. I put benzal peroxide on it after I cleaned it. Will I get more pimples if I do this or will I have a deep scar? They are also very painful :(

3 hours ago, ZebraGirl said:
So I have these swollen pimples on my cheeks and they have been there for almost 6 months. They started as under the skin and now I can tell that the puss is at the top even though there is no head. These things seem like they will never go away unless I pop them! I tried a small one and I used a pimple popping tool and it took little force to pop it but it bleeld after I did it. I put benzal peroxide on it after I cleaned it. Will I get more pimples if I do this or will I have a deep scar? They are also very painful :(
hello.  As  I am typing this, I have ice on my face! I have had a cystic pimple on my cheek for 5 months. It comes and goes.. I have had 3 injections and 2 rounds of antibiotics... it flattens then comes back, This last time it came back weird. More to the surface, like you, mine was purplish so I knew there was some fluid under there. I just couldn't take it, so I took a sterile needle (I am a nurse, so I have access) and I gently poked it. I got a lot of watery pus out. It feels so much better. Yes it was red, and it still is, but its getting better. Today, I could see it was still poofy and filling up, so I poked it again and pushed around the edges with gauze. MORE crap came out and I felt a little plug come out. So I am hoping this is the end of it. I know people with say "DONT POP" but for me, I just have to. I cant "not" do it when I can see pus sitting there... SO I am here to say if you do, just be gentle and as sterile as possible.  

Thank you, it seams like if I don't pop it it will never go away. Has anyone ever tried sea salt? I hear people saying that it helps dry the pimple out.