Notifications
Clear all

skin face reddish discoloration

MemberMember
(@koshercurlew)

Posted : 12/11/2017 11:31 am

I am male 23 yo with very mild acne . But I still wanted to get rid of it . I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me topical differin and oral doxycycline and I didn't take the fact that docy can increase your sensitivity to sun and cause skin discoloration . I used it for only 4-5 days 100mg/day and I didn't take the sun thing seriously .. then I got irritated reddish discoloration on my cheeks . I am not sure whether it's because of the docy but I think it's. I use mioxidil 5% for my beard and it caused my skin to be very dry recently ( maybe this is the cause not the docy , but I use minoxidil for 3 months so that decrease the probability ) .

1/ How can I make sure that is caused by docy or not .
2/ How can I treat it? , it's now 1 month and it hasn't resolved

btw I am on my 10th day on Accutane 20mg/day . And I really think of stopping and take care of the discoloration .

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 12/12/2017 12:39 pm

It's caused by differin, and why are you taking docy accutane and differin at the same time?

MemberMember
(@koshercurlew)

Posted : 12/13/2017 8:26 am

19 hours ago, Duperele said:

It's caused by differin, and why are you taking docy accutane and differin at the same time?

Are you sure ? I am took doxy and Differin gel same time for about 2 weeks and stopped and then after 2 weeks I started my 20mg/day accutane.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 12/13/2017 12:13 pm

Yes because differin is known to cause redness, i got reddish face too. Taking accutane for very mild acne is a very bad decision, are you ready to potentially deal with erectile dysfunction and premature aging?

MemberMember
(@koshercurlew)

Posted : 12/13/2017 9:03 pm

Me and my dermatolgist decided to stop accutane and Ill go for the Doxycycline.

for how long the redness lasted ? And how you treated it ?

Thanks for your response