Notifications
Clear all

Opinions/advice on my skin and situation?

MemberMember
(@spock1304)

Posted : 12/08/2017 7:00 am

Hi all,

I have had acne since I was 14/15 and I am now 19. My acne is only on my chin and nowhere else, not even my jawline. It is also worth noting that I don't have any symptoms of PCOS either.

• Firstly, I tried all the topical creams, none worked.
  • I then got put on Dianette and have been on and off itfor years. When I have been on it, my acne has disappeared completely!
  • After coming off Dianette the spots returned and I have been put on lymecycline which has made my acne disappear completely also. However, last week for the first time in 9 months I had a breakout of about 6 spots all on my chin!! They have since cleared with topical spot cream.

However, I have been on lymecycline for around 9 months now but I have read that dermatologists should not be putting you on antibiotics longterm and they are just masking the issue?

Has anyone else had similar issues? Is my skin hormonal or?

I find that I am the one guiding my dermatology appointments and suggesting new treatments, he is not very good! I have an appointment on 20th December. In the mean time I am on the waitlist for any cancellations with other dermatologists.

Should I be going into the appointment in the mindset to ask to come off the antibiotics? Should I go onto another birth control pill? Should I cut out dairy/gluten?! Anybody else got any advice?!?! Thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/08/2017 5:01 pm

A different birth control could help. However, I am confident that oral ivermectin-metronidazole will clear you completely. You are lucky since your MD is open to following your suggestions. Print this out and bring it to him.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S120197121201315X

I truly expect if you get an Rx filled on the 20th, you will be completely spot free by the 2nd week of Jan.

MemberMember
(@srht)

Posted : 12/09/2017 9:07 am

Hey when you said you used topical creams. Did you use it consistently for 3+ months? Proper use of topical Retinoids should work...