Notifications
Clear all

should i change my routine? i need advice.

MemberMember
(@queenaynay)

Posted : 11/24/2017 10:26 pm

my current skincare routine is african black soap with jojoba oil. i exfoliate on a weekly basis with honey and brown sugar. when i first started doing this routine, my skin was very clear. it looked the best it ever did, and it stayed clear for 5 months. now, my skin is breaking out and has been breaking out for a while and i dont understand why. i have not changed my routine. is it time for a change ? or does this mean that my acne is from within my body ?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/24/2017 11:52 pm

1 hour ago, queenaynay said:

my current skincare routine is african black soap with jojoba oil. i exfoliate on a weekly basis with honey and brown sugar. when i first started doing this routine, my skin was very clear. it looked the best it ever did, and it stayed clear for 5 months. now, my skin is breaking out and has been breaking out for a while and i dont understand why. i have not changed my routine. is it time for a change ? or does this mean that my acne is from within my body ?

Maybe your skin is breaking out because the african black soap is overdrying it? Do you experience cold weather/winter where you are?

SuaveDory liked
MemberMember
(@queenaynay)

Posted : 11/26/2017 10:28 am

On 24/11/2017 at 10:52 PM, oyinkan98 said:
On 24/11/2017 at 9:26 PM, queenaynay said:

Maybe your skin is breaking out because the african black soap is overdrying it? Do you experience cold weather/winter where you are?

It barely gets cold here. I thought it was the african black soap and i switched soaps for a while but honestly all of them made my skin worse and the african black kept my skin at an OK level.