Notifications
Clear all

Back with an old friend!

MemberMember
(@hannahb_1990hotmail-com)

Posted : 11/23/2017 10:05 am

Hey lovely people.
I joined acne.org 10 years ago under a different profile that I deleted after making this account in 2010. 
Needless to say I have been battling against acne for a long time. 
I am now 27 with two children and this year my world turned upside down with the break down of my marriage. My acne has been affected by this and more persistent than ever before. My picking has also been out of control. 
After exploring all other avenues I finally paid for a private derm and yesterday i got the prescription I have waited 10 years for ....... isotretonoin! A months supply of 30 mg a day. I feel this is the start of a new beginning for me, it's going to change my life forever or at least I hope so.
I'm no longer on Facebook or instagram and I felt I needed some kind of a support network.
Acne.org was a bit of a lifeline for me in previous years and it felt right to come back and share the accutane experience for anyone who wants to listen. Also you guys are the experts when it comes to acne experiences and treatment.  
I had a bit of a chuckle and cringe logging into my old profile especially viewing old pictures. Also I realised I've aged 
I might start a log or gallery as I have some ugly starting pics and I plan to track my progress.
Thanks for reading x

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/23/2017 10:15 am

9 minutes ago, *jellybeans* said:

Hey lovely people.
I joined acne.org 10 years ago under a different profile that I deleted after making this account in 2010. 
Needless to say I have been battling against acne for a long time. 
I am now 27 with two children and this year my world turned upside down with the break down of my marriage. My acne has been affected by this and more persistent than ever before. My picking has also been out of control. 
After exploring all other avenues I finally paid for a private derm and yesterday i got the prescription I have waited 10 years for ....... isotretonoin! A months supply of 30 mg a day. I feel this is the start of a new beginning for me, it's going to change my life forever or at least I hope so.
I'm no longer on Facebook or instagram and I felt I needed some kind of a support network.
Acne.org was a bit of a lifeline for me in previous years and it felt right to come back and share the accutane experience for anyone who wants to listen. Also you guys are the experts when it comes to acne experiences and treatment.  
I had a bit of a chuckle and cringe logging into my old profile especially viewing old pictures. Also I realised I've aged 
I might start a log or gallery as I have some ugly starting pics and I plan to track my progress.
Thanks for reading x

Good luck! This will be the cure:) I'm on day 22 10mg.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/23/2017 10:37 am

How's it going? X

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/23/2017 11:34 am

55 minutes ago, *jellybeans* said:

How's it going? X

Not so good. I can't tell if its the IB or my face just getting worse since it was progressively getting worse before I went on it. I can't even leave the house so I'm so emotionally worn right now :(. I hope it starts to clear up soon. I am on such a low dosage so Itll take a while for it to take effect I guess

MemberMember

Posted : 11/23/2017 12:34 pm

51 minutes ago, Valerie22 said:
1 hour ago, *jellybeans* said:

How's it going? X

Not so good. I can't tell if its the IB or my face just getting worse since it was progressively getting worse before I went on it. I can't even leave the house so I'm so emotionally worn right now :(. I hope it starts to clear up soon. I am on such a low dosage so Itll take a while for it to take effect I guess

What's the reason for the low dose? I did read about a girl on here who took 10mg for a year and it worked beautifully without harsh side effects.
Im dreading an IB but I guess it means it's doing something. For myself there would be no better time. I've cancelled all my plans I'm off work and have no social life.
Also not leaving the house except for school run.
Hang in there every day and every tablet is a little step closer. I've waited so long to start this x

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/23/2017 12:46 pm

6 minutes ago, *jellybeans* said:
What's the reason for the low dose? I did read about a girl on here who took 10mg for a year and it worked beautifully without harsh side effects.
Im dreading an IB but I guess it means it's doing something. For myself there would be no better time. I've cancelled all my plans I'm off work and have no social life.
Hang in there every day and every tablet is a little step closer. I've waited so long to start this x

Me too. Im on a gap year since I'm 18 and ignore all my friends and last time I went to the mall with my dad I got so bad anxiety I wanted to break down and cry. I can cover it pretty good with make up but some stores lighting were so bright all I could think of was my skin. I literally feel like I'm living in a hell right now:( Im happy I'm on it, this has just ruined my life the last 4 months so I'm really impatient and I have no idea, but I'm on it for a year as well. I think there has been more research that its safer and less side effects Im guessing, I have read success stories as well or at 20mg. I also eat a clean diet and it doesn't seem to help. Im happy this website exists because I have felt so so alone. My parents are concerned and have sent me to therapist but my acne is causing my depression they don't understand

12 minutes ago, *jellybeans* said:

I also pick at my skin I can't stand seeing any whiteheads and I'm sorry to hear about your marriage. It seems like everything just goes wrong at once. I hope these tough times bring us amazing times soon