Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skinnyasian

What Scarring is this?

I've staring at threads but still can't distinguish what type of scarring I have.  Would certainly appreciate the advice on treatment options, for asian skin.  Thanks

face.jpg

Icepicks on the cheek and a combination of icepick and boxcar scars on the temple. They're all very mild (but your picture might not be showing the pits in all their evil guise :) ). Try first using TCA peel of 25% or greater. It helps to elevate pits while close large pores. If no improvement after that, get a laser like PicoSure (Source: Dr. Davin Lim's video).

Please do not listen to Sirius Lee, because of your skin tone you could seriously damage your skin starting out at such a high concentration of TCA. If you do choose to go that route, 8-10% TCA would be a good starting point in addition to a skin lightening agent such as hydroquinone to avoid hyperpigmentation. I would recommend reading the doctor's responses here for more info, or read the FAQ at the top of the forum https://www.realself.com/question/tca-peel-safe-asian-skin

Edited by ailaeshiz

8 minutes ago, ailaeshiz said:

Please do not listen to Sirius Lee

Well, I never said that this should be done at home. OP stated that he wanted a "treatment option", which I assumed to be something he would pursue under professional supervision. But whatever. :)