Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masc0005

What to do?

I have now been on proactive for the past two months - which has made my acne more controllable - yet my skin still has many blemishes. Now, as you may well know, the 3-step proactive cleansing kit should be adhered to, otherwise it wouldn’t be as effective. I am writing this to ask whether it’d be a good idea if I start using the egg-white mask as means to brighten my skin and reduce blemishes, and if so, when I should use it while on proactive.
Cheers.

There shouldn't be any negative reaction between the two. But I suggest you add lemon juice to the egg-white. Even better, follow up with Mayonnaise mask, which also contains eggs but vinegar to help exfoliate and lighten skin.

Thanks for the reply. I do ask however, when’s it best to use it, I mean whether it’s better to use it after the three steps or after the benzoyl peroxide (Step 1) and before the toner (Step 2). Thanks again.

Use the mask before you begin your regimen. Otherwise, you'll only end up washing them down the drain.

1) Mask
2) Leave on 15-30 minutes
3) Wash face
4) Begin the usual regimen routine