Notifications
Clear all

Scars or not?

MemberMember
(@ramit)

Posted : 10/14/2017 2:44 am

Hello guys, I'm entering the 3rd month while I'm on accutane.. After healing from acne that it caused during the medication, I am left with red marks and my skin is really tight. I'm not sure if these are scars. When I try to have a photo directly on the spots, the skin seems good. And I still have 4 months to finish my course. So please could youIMG-20171013-WA0007.jpeg tell me what you think about these marks?

IMG-20171013-WA0005.jpeg

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/14/2017 3:01 am

You are early on in your course so this is amazing progress in my opinion.Of course there will be red marks as your skin heals but that should fade over time. Use a non-comodogenic moisturiser like cetaphil if your skin is tight as accutane really dries out your skin. Your lips will need moisturising too with Aquaphor or Blistex or Vaseline or something similar. All the best.

RamiT liked
MemberMember
(@ramit)

Posted : 10/14/2017 10:40 am

7 hours ago, Juwalker said:

You are early on in your course so this is amazing progress in my opinion.Of course there will be red marks as your skin heals but that should fade over time. Use a non-comodogenic moisturiser like cetaphil if your skin is tight as accutane really dries out your skin. Your lips will need moisturising too with Aquaphor or Blistex or Vaseline or something similar. All the best.

Thank you buddy!! Do you think that after the red marks will fade away, I'm gonna have a lot of scarring?

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/14/2017 5:08 pm

I don't think so. It looks mild to me and as if it's healing well.

RamiT liked