Notifications
Clear all

Will subcision work on these scars?

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 09/21/2017 9:06 am

Would subcision improve these scars on my cheek?

*edited*

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/21/2017 11:40 am

Subcision, request this. You need a HA filler a few days after when the swelling goes down. IT will take a few of them 😉 You can TCA peel for texture on the spots when you even things out more with sub.

Dr Chu in london does this, lots of discussion on the boards on him.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/21/2017 8:30 pm

Yes, but possibly some atrophic scars as well. Agree with NOKOR with BA suggestion and Dr Chu is one of the best in the NHS. I think once they are freed up you will still have a divot, possibly some filler of v fine fat transfer may help. Most patients will require a few sessions.

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 09/23/2017 11:20 am

On 21/09/2017 at 5:40 PM, beautifulambition said:

Yes with a NOKOR needle, request this. You need a HA filler a few days after when the swelling goes down. IT will take a few of them 😉 You can TCA peel for texture on the spots when you even things out more with sub.

Dr Chu in london does this, lots of discussion on the boards on him.

Does HA stand for hyaluronic acid? What exactly does it do?

I've found a doctor who can do nokor subcision at a reasonable price so I'll probably be looking at 3-4 subcision treatments spaced over a few months.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/23/2017 11:25 am

Yes you are right...

It's natural in our body, it's a filler. The kind people get to volumize.

It will act as a spacer when the doctor breaks the tethers so things do not tether again. Yes it's temporary but alows your body to replace the area without re-attachment of fiberous anchors. In your case it will also bring up the level of the depression of the skin. Many of us use it if we have more than a pencil sized eraser depression acne scars.

That's great as Obi Wan said you can do saline during your first few if you wish and then later on do the filler towards the end. IT will last 6 months to a year, ... make sure the swelling is down before doing filler, saline its ok to do right away as the body reabsorbs it quickly. Once you fill you wait for your next subcision till the filler goes away.

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 09/29/2017 4:59 pm

Ah I see, sounds like a good idea. I was going to ask where I can buy a suction pump to stop the scar from re-tethering but I'll go with HA instead.

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 10/19/2017 11:09 am

@beautifulambition

Are there any risks with subcision? A few people have said they got raised bumps at the needle insertion points. I was wondering if this is common and if there is any way to avoid it?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/19/2017 5:00 pm

5 hours ago, Shades said:

@beautifulambition

Are there any risks with subcision? A few people have said they got raised bumps at the needle insertion points. I was wondering if this is common and if there is any way to avoid it?

Would also like to know this!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/20/2017 9:15 am

There are risks of drinking water, breathing air. Lets be honest there are risks of getting your blood drawn. The risks are very minimal. If were going to go off risks, what are the risks to flying (the plane could crash). Do you see my point they are very small and not common. IT's up to your to make your scars better or live in the fear of treatment. It's all about how your body heals. Do you Keloid with raised scars, then possibly as that is how your body heals. How do you heal when you have a scrape, ... consider that. Now for this bump thing, ... people bitch and whine online. If 99% of the people get good results, ... you would find the negative reviews of the 1% and the 99% would never post and live in pure bliss. If you have a certified DR who takes care of you and listens to your concerns, your sub should be fine, the rest is how your body heals. If you get a bump there is a simple solution of dilute steroid injection to make it go down. Over suctioning can cause a hematoma, filler is less likely unless you have some sort of reaction and can again be dissolved. There are very few who have these bad results as it's a simple procedure in the top dermis. Other things matter as well like are you taking blood thinners or meds that can cause clots, are you eating lots of spices and herbs which thin or thicken the blood. Do you sleep face down on the pillow. Simple things to avoid while you get it done, ... this is the same for injections.

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 10/20/2017 11:07 am

No I didn't form keloids from any of the treatments I've had (microneedling, scar revision, vbeam). I will go ahead with subcision when I can fit it in. I'm desperate to get it done.