Notifications
Clear all

Need a skincare regimen

MemberMember
(@lolo90)

Posted : 09/19/2017 7:48 am

Hi. I'm a 27 year old woman. I've had cystic acne since I was 12. I've used a lot of products which has let my face skin to be darker than the rest of my body. I now use Retin A which has kept my skin exfoliated. I need a suggestion or a skincare regimen that will get rid of these scars as well as keep my skin healthy and young since I'm starting to develop fine lines. I got done with fighting acne and now I have to deal with scarring which is so disheartening. My skin looks tired and lacks a natural glow now because of all he products I've used. Please help me with a skincare regimen and solution for these scars. I don't even know if they are ice pick scars or enlarged pores. 

IMG_2276.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

oyinkan98 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/20/2017 8:52 am

Moving your topic to scar related as you need scar treatment/regime not acne one.
:)

Now your here,if you wish to treat your skin/scars/texture you have lots of ice pick scars and smaller boxcar.

look into tca cross for most of your scars and tca peels as a general peel for all your scarred areas or your whole face.

speaking from experience it works,i have similar condition as you,tca works on this type of skin scarring.

MemberMember
(@lolo90)

Posted : 09/20/2017 10:47 pm

13 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Moving your topic to scar related as you need scar treatment/regime not acne one.

Now your here,if you wish to treat your skin/scars/texture you have lots of ice pick scars and smaller boxcar.

look into tca cross for most of your scars and tca peels as a general peel for all your scarred areas or your whole face.

speaking from experience it works,i have similar condition as you,tca works on this type of skin scarring.

Thanks Quadboy!! I should probably give that a go. What about regular skincare with respect to cleansers and moisturisers. Any recommendations? 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/21/2017 7:05 am

Just a moisturiser after washing thats kind to your face,its all i use,i dont bother with suppliments or any other fancy topicals.

obviously when you do tca work on your face you need to moisturise more than twice daily,need an extra 2 moisturises esoecualy when its strong oeel or cross.

am currently say here after doing a peel yesterday.25% 3 layers,with moderate frosting o i got plenty moisturiser on.

MemberMember
(@lolo90)

Posted : 02/08/2018 11:45 pm

This is my skin now. I oil cleanse, then use Cetaphil face wash, Hyaluronic acid serum and then rosehip oil. At night, the same routine, but use retinA. Let™s see if I get any results from this. I want to avoid using peels as far as possible. 

1169C884-CB45-4B14-B39A-1C7A30CB161C.jpeg

C1C6348A-747F-4D0D-9201-4FE44C55A5B5.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/09/2018 1:59 am

1 hour ago, Lolo90 said:

This is my skin now. I oil cleanse, then use Cetaphil face wash, Hyaluronic acid serum and then rosehip oil. At night, the same routine, but use retinA. Lets see if I get any results from this. I want to avoid using peels as far as possible.

First, the molecule of HA serum is too large to penetrate beneath the skin and you won't get the full intended benefit. In order to do that, you will need to use DMSO. Rosehip oil is good for hyperpigmentation but it lacks the oomph factor when it comes to scars. For that, you might want to look into castor oil. Retin-A is good, but nowhere as good as TCA if you want to see real result. Also it's damn more expensive than TCA, which can be done at home on a dime.

ScarRight and Lolo90 liked
MemberMember
(@lolo90)

Posted : 02/09/2018 6:36 am

@Sirius LeeThanks a lot for that. Know of any websites I can purchase tca and if it might be available in oz ?And would it be safe?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/09/2018 8:59 pm

On 2/9/2018 at 6:36 AM, Lolo90 said:

@Sirius LeeThanks a lot for that. Know of any websites I can purchase tca and if it might be available in oz ?And would it be safe?

Amazon
https://goo.gl/i173KB

Ebay
[Link Removed]

There's really no fuss involved. Just be sure to buy a medical grade TCA. FYI check out the following FAQ for the how-to instruction as well as Youtube on the visual.

Lastly, if you're into naturopathic remedies, check out my own thread: Wait!! Try this skin hack before you get your next treatment!

Lolo90 liked